Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp manager

Hi all,

I am quite confused at what the ftp is suppose to do. I know I can upload some files to it.

Isit a place where my visitor can download those files? If so how do they access the ftp?

Also can I assign a password to each of the user?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Re: ftp manager

Originally posted by alexyeo007
    Hi all,

I am quite confused at what the ftp is suppose to do. I know I can upload some files to it.

Isit a place where my visitor can download those files? If so how do they access the ftp?

Also can I assign a password to each of the user?

Thanks in advance

Alex
    FTP is the way you, and only you, can access your server. It cannot be used for publishing BlueVoda pages buy can be used for uploading and downloading files to and from your server. If you want users of your website to be able to upload files you will need a php script. For downloading you just provide them with the URL to the file and they can go there and download it. For individual members to have individual passwords you will need a membership script and a database. Alternatively you could password protect a sub-domain and give everyone the same password. This is gonna sound a little confusing so it may help if you tell us a little about what your site will be, what members will want to download and anything else that may help us to offer you the best guidance.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X