Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menu button background

Hi,
    I have menu buttons on my site that has a custom background colour. When I added the menu buttons, they have the annoying white corners that everybody (including me) wants removed.
    I have absolutely no idea how this is achieved. The forums advice says to do this, but I can't find the answer.
    Any advice would be most appreciated.I love bluevoda, but it can be hard, if it weren't for the forums!
    Thanks,
    Jock of Loch

www.lochdesignsjewellery.com

Re: menu button background

Originally posted by jock of loch
    Hi,
    I have menu buttons on my site that has a custom background colour. When I added the menu buttons, they have the annoying white corners that everybody (including me) wants removed.
    I have absolutely no idea how this is achieved. The forums advice says to do this, but I can't find the answer.
    Any advice would be most appreciated.I love bluevoda, but it can be hard, if it weren't for the forums!
    Thanks,
    Jock of Loch

Hi Jock.

You could try using Photoshop or Paint Shop (or something similar) - open the button .gif file that you want to use and edit it getting rid of the corners. You'll find the button here: My Computer> c: > Program Files >Blue Voda Website Builder > Navbar. It may be a little painstaking but will be worth the effort if it displeases you that much. I hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

As Amanda said, paint programs such as paint.net will work.
      Take a look at this page I just finished:
      www.baldwincomusic.com/estellamsound1.html

The buttons at the bottom of the black page had white corners.
      I used the 're-paint' tool in 'paint.net' to re-color the corners
      by magnifying the bar to 600% and filling in the pixel blocks
      with black. I then sized it back to 100 and saved in navbar.
      The curved areas are jagged, but I'll bet someone knows how
      to improve on that.

Now , when I go to properties on my nav button, I just select 'style'
      and choose the new button that has been added to the navbar
      folder.
      Brad Arnold.......
      www.baldwincomusic.com
      www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
      !Free Search Engine Submission!
      Talking Avatar for your web site!
      Free sound editor
      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks Amanda and Brad, I should have thought of that. I have just the program on my home computer to do this, when I get back from Bonnie Scotland in a couple of weeks.
        Jock

Comment

Hi,
          I have emailed you the button that you use, with your web page colour as a background. This was done in Paint.net, by creating a cutout button on one layer, and a background of your colour [Hex CCCCE4, RGB 204 204 228]on a background layer. So now there are no white corners.
          I have sent you the paint.net file as well as the jpg result. Enjoy.

When you play with Paint, magnify the button that you want to work on, to something ridiculous, like 1200%. Then you can use the rectangle selector, to select pixels on the left and right edges that will appear "round" when at normal (100%) magnification. Hold down the CTRL button when you do multiple selects.
          If you have time to experiment, Paint is great! And soon you will find that half the day or night has flown by.
          Royden

www.harrow-art.com
          www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Hi, Roydon,
            and thanks for taking the time to help an old Scots/Aussie with his problem. Have not had a minute on my holiday to put to use all the advice and help from these forums, but in a few weeks time when I get home, I will have a ball .
            Again, thanks to all,
            Jock.

Comment

Working...
            X