Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Css

Hello,

Is there a way that cascading style sheets can be used with publishing so that information, like in the drop down menus, will be changed on each of the pages published or will a change have to be made to each page and then re-published?

This is kind of complicated.

Ted
    Simply Quit - Smoking

Re: Css

Hi, I’m not up on CSS. But can you incorporate a transparent iframe into one like this thread by Naval, http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/bluevoda-tips-tricks-shortcuts/4528-menubar-i-frame.html With this one you only have to update the iframe for all your common parts of your pages.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hello Chris,

This is what I was looking for. I will have to try it out. Thanks.

Ted
      Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Chris is right, iframes will work but it can still be done in CSS too. The important thing to remember with CSS is that is is all about styling and shaping rather than content so it depends what you want to achieve.

Constantly adding or removing menu buttons? Use iframes

Changing colours or fonts or spacing plus more (across the entire site)? use CSS

FPRULES

Comment

Hi FPRob,

Thanks for the answer. I am very new at iframes and know very little about css. I tried to do what NAVAL described in his tutorial, but I couldn't get the white background to go away. I was not sure if I had to copy the iframe on each page of the site or if I put the new information in the gomenu and published and it changed each page with my additional entries in the gomenu.

I'm just not sure what to do and I plan to have several hundred pages on my site that will need constant changing information entered.

Ted
          Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Working...
          X