Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms - email - trouble - improvement

Hi,

Almost everything is very detailed (with tutuorial video's) explained at Vodahost, which is perfect!
    However, one of the most important things for all people and all websites is a contact form or feedback. And appearently a lot of people suffer countless problems (in the forums)...

WHY does vodahost not build a new more detailed video tutuorial for completing a feedback form only (not like the tutuorial 1 or 2)?

But now my problem. I already gave up trying to generate a "thank you for you submission" file and stopped with the form pro maker.
    I now succeeded in creating a simple feedback site, and even received my testing feedback submission in outlook.
    The problem now rise is that in outlook the file is a ".ATT" file format. How can I read the content now? (a Postdata.att file)

Can I also make a SR and pay for it to have Vodahost create a good feedback site?

thanks!

Berry
    www.artrental.be
    www.artrental.nl
    www.artrental.biz

Re: Forms - email - trouble - improvement

Berry-
    Don't give up so soon. This is the first post that I can see that you have had trouble (outside formmaker pro) creating a form. I suggest that you post exactly what you are trying to do and accomplish. Post what fields you need (name, address, e-mail address etc..) and I am sure that we will get a php mailto form up and running for you in no time.

Countless numbers of people have done it before- give it a go! We'll help every step of the way.

It would be far better than going through outlook.

Cheers-
    Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks for your response.... you gave me a bit hope....

Can anyone explain to me how I have to read a .ATT file in outlook, because my feedbackform is now working (although not perfect because it automatically opens outlook), but I cannot read it.

Therefor I first would like to know how to read these .att files which I receive in my outlookbox?

(www.artrental.be -> contact)

thanks!

Berry
      www.artrental.be
      www.artrental.nl
      www.artrental.biz

Comment

this is what I see in outlook :)
        www.artrental.be
        www.artrental.nl
        www.artrental.biz

Comment

I have had a look at your contact page and 2 of your fields have the same name....each field must have a different name.

You then need a php script using the same individual field names that are on your form. The email field should just be named email (small letters)

Do as andy has advised and print the field names here and someone will provide you with the appropiate script.......(I could not read your field names)

You are so close to finishing your form so dont give up now.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

g
            www.artrental.be
            www.artrental.nl
            www.artrental.biz

Comment

Guest what..... I finally managed in completing a site!!!

thanks to you!

Alsmost everything what I did was correct, however, I did not save my "thank you" site as "action" whereby it could not be found clicking on the submit button.

unbelievable! :) :) :)

thanks!

what do you think of the result :)>?
              www.artrental.be
              www.artrental.nl
              www.artrental.biz

Comment

Berry-
                It appears to be working and we'll have to take your word for it as I cannot read the language. But the site looks good!!

Hope all is well.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                X