problem with my WMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with my WMP

hellow can anyone help me i cant play dvd files with my WMP dose any bodey know why?

Re: problem with my WMP

Hey!

What version are you using? If you are using the new beta version that might be your answer...
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

no its version actually I can play vcd movis but not DVD movies

Comment

Then upgrade your version to the version you can play DVD's, hehe! Unless you don't have a DVD R/RW Drive in your computer....
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

no I have but its displaying a message for me telling me that this type of file isn't included

Comment

What's the message? Can you type it here??...
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

its like (WMP cant play that type of files because the format isn't included) its not the same words but its exactly the same meaning

Comment

You are probably trying to play a file that uses a codec that is not on your computer. When you try to play a file that uses a codec that is not on your computer, the Player tries to download the codec from a Microsoft server. If the codec is available, the Player installs it on your computer and then plays the file. If the codec is not available on the server (for example, because the codec wasn't created by Microsoft), the Player displays a message that your computer is missing a codec. If you are connected to the Internet, the message usually has a Web Help button that you can click for more information. If the Player can determine which codec you are missing, when you click that button, a Help topic is displayed that contains a link to WMPlugins.com, a Web site that lists a number of codecs that are available to download. The MPEG-2 and DivX video codecs and the ACELP.net and Ogg Vorbis audio codecs are examples of codecs that are not included in the operating system or the Player by default. For more information, see How do I find a codec?
                In some cases, the file you want to play uses a codec that isn't available or compatible with the Player. When that happens, the Player won't be able to play the file.

For information about how you can ensure that the Player will try to download codecs automatically, see Does the Player always try to download codecs automatically?

You might be able to tell a file's format by looking at the file's extension (such as .wma, .wmv, .mp3, or .avi). However, there are limits to this approach. Many programs create files with custom file extensions. And it's possible for anyone to rename a file without changing the file's format. A file with the extension .mpg or .dvr-ms, for instance, is usually just an AVI file that has been compressed by using some version of an MPEG video codec.

Installing codecs is not typically necessary if you are running Windows Media Player 10 or later because the latest Windows Media audio and video codecs were automatically installed on your computer when you installed the Player. However, if you think your codecs are corrupted or out of date, you can download and install the latest codecs from the Download Center.
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

thank you man your very helpful I will save the links and see what I can do to morrow thanks again

Comment

Hey!

Your very welcome! Let me know what happens...
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
                      Hey!

Your very welcome! Let me know what happens...
                      of cours

Comment

Working...
                      X