Dumb question time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question time

Okay...I have my domain transferred. How do I get my pages which I have made on Blue Voda to show up on my domain address? They are in my public_html folder.

Sharon

Re: Dumb question time

Hey!

Your first page must be named index.bvp when you save it. Once you publish it, it will become index.html so when you go to your site www.yourdomain.com it will bring you to wwwyourdomain.com/index.html and from there you can link your other pages aswell.

Let me know...
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
      Hey!

Your first page must be named index.bvp when you save it. Once you publish it, it will become index.html so when you go to your site www.yourdomain.com it will bring you to wwwyourdomain.com/index.html and from there you can link your other pages aswell.

Let me know...
      INCORRECT

Actually, you should simply publish your "Home" page as index only (do NOT add an extension) in Blue Voda. As it is published, Blue Voda will automatically add the proper extension for you.

When you wish to create addtional pages, such as "Contact Us", you will need to properly publish them similarly as contact_us (note all lower case, no spaces but using an underscore instead) and again not adding an extension.
      Please study the Tutorials on how to properly title/name your pages HERE

The only time you will add an extension is when you create a hyperlink to specifically link the pages together, and then only in the Hyperlink tool.
      You can see the Tutorial on how to do this HERE

And, to Publish using Blue Voda, the Tutorials are HERE

(Jeremy is confused about some of the dynamics of how a php page is "ghosted" in html for SE indexing, and that extension adding info in no way applies to either php or Blue Voda....)
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

wishmastersjewlery:

By now you shoulg have recieved you welcome email. In this email are your user name and password. These are the keys to publishing.

P.S. There are no dumb questions.

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
          wishmastersjewlery:

By now you shoulg have recieved you welcome email. In this email are your user name and password. These are the keys to publishing.

P.S. There are no dumb questions.
          What does this have to do with the issue?

(This post seems to have been duplicated throughout the Forum....)
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X