Please, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, please help

Yesterday it worked (fairly) properly. Online my site looked proper, not in BV edit box.

Now I tried to publish my third page and I'm back at square one. My problem AGAIN is:
    a) I set up the hyperlink. input it with (my url)/colour_energy with the proper html code following the words
    b) as soon as did that, aqua text turned NAVY on its own.
    c) in BV edit box, both pages I set up links for have navy text now as
    well as navy background so its hard to see
    d) on web, one link line (colour energy) is navy now, and the next link (colour therapy and healing) is aqua as it should be.

Also seems every time I write in here my question gets published, too. Someone said this will eventually disappear. Any idea WHEN? And does this show up just below my website always or maybe somewhere else on web?

...or...even better ---- does anyone else know how to delete the sites or change them so nothing of importance shows up?

Well ok, here I'll send this and just cross my fingers THIS doesn't publish, too. I'd appreciate any and ALL help I can get! I know it's hard when you can't play around with my files...but DO GREATLY APPRECIATE all you've tried to do for me. I think I've written enough to let you know what my website is named.

(Also if you prefer talking with me (sometimes that's easier) I can call anywhere in the U.S. without charge. My email if you want to leave a message there is colourspa at hotmail.)

Leeza
    Colour Therapy Spa

Re: Please, please help

firstly the aqua text might just be your browser settings? try puttin a link up for us to view and we can see if its aqua
    as for it goin on the web from here that is not a bad thing as any publicity is good publicity , yes they will go eventualy from the ones you post now to the ones in the future but people probaly wont see them unless they place the exact address in the search engines and this probably not how people will find you so dont worry
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Firstly.. If you gonna cry over something like that every time, then I hope you have enough supplies of tissues..

Your problems are not problems and can be easily resolved.. cool..??

Now.. Lets see:

a) That is exactly how it shoud be done.. well done.
      b) The Navy blue underlined link you see happens automatically so that you can recognize it on your bv pages.. Note that this navy blue underlined link will look different when you view the page in your browser.
      c) your visitors will see that differently.. but you might have a hard time since your background is also navy blue.. The navy blue is the default linked text and I don;t know how to change it.. sorry.. But as I said, in the browser it will look exactly as you want it.
      d) It is imortant that you view the tutorials on adding links (linking)..

There is no url attached to your posts, so I can't see how your website would be picked from these threads.. I don't think it will happen.

Note: when you do the linking, explore everything in the dialogue box that opens and see how you can create different styles.. and remember, you need to apply the style to every linked text.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi, and thank you...
        my URL is www.colourtherapyspa.com

when you do the linking, explore everything in the dialogue box that opens and see how you can create different styles.. and remember, you need to app'y the style to every linked text.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand this at all. Does BV have info somewhere on creating "styles?" Why do I need a "style" in the first place? I have read the tutorials over and over but found nothing on styles. It would seem to me that when I type in fonts sizes, text colours, background colours etc. on my page that this is what should auto-go to be published.
        b) The Navy blue underlined link you see happens automatically so that you can recognize it on your bv pages.. Note that this navy blue underlined link will look different when you view the page in your browser.

when I look in the browser the colour of text IS still navy blue. I'm glad to know that it's OK to be that colour in BV edit pg. (WHEW! I've been trying to change THAT, too) but WHY it's navy when viewing in the browser is beyond me.

Maybe if you can help me with "styles" subject I can understand better. This is my first website so I'm sorry but I am just naive about it all.

you need to apply the style to every linked text.

Do you mean to say here that when I pull up the hyperlink box to link text, I go thru "style" every time and if it's the same for one word, use the same style over and over again? I'll try playing with that.

THANK YOU--my eyes are dry so far. I'm determined to get this right! (well I don't have a choice if I ever want to finish, do I? lol)
        Leeza

Comment

PERHAPS a lightbulb went off in my head and I took in the info you just gave subconcsciously, because I THINK I just fixed my "navy" problem...

but would you help me understand this:

a) at the top of every BV edit page is a button called FORMAT
          "HYPERLINK STYLE SHEET"- WHY is this here, i.e. what purpose does it serve if, when I do my linking, I have to set my style in the linking box.

b) in that linking box, when the sub-box "EDIT HYPERLINK STYLE" comes up as I edit, there are four items written:
          "link" "visited link" "active link" "hover link"

For no reason but intuition, I have clicked on each of these boxes and set to style 1. But I have no clue what I am doing, ie. what do these items mean? visited, active, hover...

THANKS BUNCHES
          Leeza

Comment

Like the colours/style & idea of the site, but can’t look and read the page for to long as I’m getting a bit sea sick with the background. (Not kidding). But will pop back for a swim when it’s a bit calmer.

Good luck.

Chris.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

The background gives me a headache! Sorry!
              Brad Arnold.......
              www.baldwincomusic.com
              www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
              !Free Search Engine Submission!
              Talking Avatar for your web site!
              Free sound editor
              Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Working...
              X