Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture from another website .....

Ok, here's my question ...

There's a website that our other "company" owns, and we are trying to do the same thing with the other website that our "brothers" are doing. I've emailed my business associate to find out when he built the website, what "link" or what "code" he used for the picture he's got at the top of all his pages, the one that is fading into other photo's (here is the site to check it out so you see what I'm talking about -- it's www.tec3.ca)

He's not emailed me back yet, but once he DOES on what the "code" is, or what the "jpg" is here that HE used, how in the WORLD do I get this same splash or jpg onto my BV Website as he has on his?? Is this an impossible thing to do here?

Thanks,
    Katie

Re: Picture from another website .....

Originally posted by katieC
    Ok, here's my question ...

There's a website that our other "company" owns, and we are trying to do the same thing with the other website that our "brothers" are doing. I've emailed my business associate to find out when he built the website, what "link" or what "code" he used for the picture he's got at the top of all his pages, the one that is fading into other photo's (here is the site to check it out so you see what I'm talking about -- it's www.tec3.ca)

He's not emailed me back yet, but once he DOES on what the "code" is, or what the "jpg" is here that HE used, how in the WORLD do I get this same splash or jpg onto my BV Website as he has on his?? Is this an impossible thing to do here?

Thanks,
    Katie
    The header you are referring to is in Flash. You will have to wait for a Flash expert, I'm afraid - way out of my league! LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

give me your email addres and i will email it to you then you just insert it into flash player
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Insert it into my flashplayer? Is that a program I need? Do I just insert it into my website on BV??

my email address is katiewithhaydell******.com

Thank you --- because the co-worker has yet to get back to me, he's apparently been in meetings all day long. It would greatly help me to have it sooner than wait for him. Thank you thank you thank you!!

KatieC

Comment

b.v open a page on the right is flash copy the link from your desktop say to the flash and you r of you mite need to change a few things with it hough if so use say koolmoves free trail or macromedia flash etc but its a start hey

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

i dont know about the menus that drop down if they will be still wiv it or if you want them or not like i said they probably can be erased in a good flash software prog quite easily , just got to play around with it dont forget to make the player box the size you wish the banner before testing or it will probably be massive or tiny lol goodluck

Comment

Ok ... so download a "Flashplayer" from somewhere, and plug it into my flashplayer?? Then how do I get it into my BV site??

Oh, one other thing .... I don't need those "Menu Buttons" -- I've created my own for this so all I need is that picture part for all my pages at the top, and I need it to do what it does on the page you see, where it goes into different pictures and all .....

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for this.

KatieC.

Comment

We have a forum on flash.
                go to home page here, and look for 'flash/shockwave'
                Brad Arnold.......
                www.baldwincomusic.com
                www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                !Free Search Engine Submission!
                Talking Avatar for your web site!
                Free sound editor
                Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

open a page to publish in b.v on the left is media,java,flash etc open the flash symbol it is now a grey box open the box at the top is find so find the file i sent you thats now say on your desktop use that file so the flash player can see it to use and then make the box the size you want then try to see first what it looks like

as for the menu buttons they probably are all one and the same but you may be able to delete them with som flash making software trail stuff etc try koolmoves its free

Comment

just checked it its not got buttons phew for you lucky

Comment

oH GOSH, cool ...

Ok, doing it now -- so I don't need really a flashplayer, just input it into my bv and should be just fine??

katie

Comment

yes in b.v there is a flash player there on the left second column up little f like a html box then go in the box it has an oyption to attach a file do that and your away , you can make it tranpserant i would do that then size it to what you want and so its clear etc and then try it out

Comment

Ok, I did it!! But problem is, the whole "picture" itself, is sort of transparent so I can't see it very well?? And the letters on the right hand side that say "dealership", are WAY UP at the top and get cut off? So it's not that picture and changing and all .... I can barely see the picture at all, I tried to change it and it won't change it?? Help ... we're ALMOST there!! yeah!!!!!

Katie

Comment

ive just tried it was perfect right open player
                            browse insert file
                            quality high
                            scale exact fit
                            win mode transparent
                            check auto start
                            press ok
                            then size the box to the size of the banner you must remeber the size roughly then try it it will work

Comment

see
                              www.thatgoodsite.com/banner.html

Comment

Working...
                              X