PDA

View Full Version : Picture from another website .....

katieC
09-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Ok, here's my question ...

There's a website that our other "company" owns, and we are trying to do the same thing with the other website that our "brothers" are doing. I've emailed my business associate to find out when he built the website, what "link" or what "code" he used for the picture he's got at the top of all his pages, the one that is fading into other photo's (here is the site to check it out so you see what I'm talking about -- it's www.tec3.ca (http://www.tec3.ca))

He's not emailed me back yet, but once he DOES on what the "code" is, or what the "jpg" is here that HE used, how in the WORLD do I get this same splash or jpg onto my BV Website as he has on his?? Is this an impossible thing to do here?

Thanks,
Katie

Girlonthehill
09-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Ok, here's my question ...

There's a website that our other "company" owns, and we are trying to do the same thing with the other website that our "brothers" are doing. I've emailed my business associate to find out when he built the website, what "link" or what "code" he used for the picture he's got at the top of all his pages, the one that is fading into other photo's (here is the site to check it out so you see what I'm talking about -- it's www.tec3.ca (http://www.tec3.ca))

He's not emailed me back yet, but once he DOES on what the "code" is, or what the "jpg" is here that HE used, how in the WORLD do I get this same splash or jpg onto my BV Website as he has on his?? Is this an impossible thing to do here?

Thanks,
Katie

The header you are referring to is in Flash. You will have to wait for a Flash expert, I'm afraid - way out of my league! LOL

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 06:03 PM
give me your email addres and i will email it to you then you just insert it into flash player

katieC
09-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Insert it into my flashplayer? Is that a program I need? Do I just insert it into my website on BV??

my email address is katiewithhaydell******.com

Thank you --- because the co-worker has yet to get back to me, he's apparently been in meetings all day long. It would greatly help me to have it sooner than wait for him. Thank you thank you thank you!!

KatieC

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
b.v open a page on the right is flash copy the link from your desktop say to the flash and you r of you mite need to change a few things with it hough if so use say koolmoves free trail or macromedia flash etc but its a start hey

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 09:51 PM
i dont know about the menus that drop down if they will be still wiv it or if you want them or not like i said they probably can be erased in a good flash software prog quite easily , just got to play around with it dont forget to make the player box the size you wish the banner before testing or it will probably be massive or tiny lol goodluck

katieC
09-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Ok ... so download a "Flashplayer" from somewhere, and plug it into my flashplayer?? Then how do I get it into my BV site??

Oh, one other thing .... I don't need those "Menu Buttons" -- I've created my own for this so all I need is that picture part for all my pages at the top, and I need it to do what it does on the page you see, where it goes into different pictures and all .....

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for this.

KatieC.

lovethatbluegrassmusic
09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
We have a forum on flash.
go to home page here, and look for 'flash/shockwave'

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:00 PM
open a page to publish in b.v on the left is media,java,flash etc open the flash symbol it is now a grey box open the box at the top is find so find the file i sent you thats now say on your desktop use that file so the flash player can see it to use and then make the box the size you want then try to see first what it looks like

as for the menu buttons they probably are all one and the same but you may be able to delete them with som flash making software trail stuff etc try koolmoves its free

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:02 PM
just checked it its not got buttons phew for you lucky

katieC
09-14-2006, 10:08 PM
oH GOSH, cool ...

Ok, doing it now -- so I don't need really a flashplayer, just input it into my bv and should be just fine??

katie

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:11 PM
yes in b.v there is a flash player there on the left second column up little f like a html box then go in the box it has an oyption to attach a file do that and your away , you can make it tranpserant i would do that then size it to what you want and so its clear etc and then try it out

katieC
09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Ok, I did it!! But problem is, the whole "picture" itself, is sort of transparent so I can't see it very well?? And the letters on the right hand side that say "dealership", are WAY UP at the top and get cut off? So it's not that picture and changing and all .... I can barely see the picture at all, I tried to change it and it won't change it?? Help ... we're ALMOST there!! yeah!!!!!

Katie

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:18 PM
ive just tried it was perfect right open player
browse insert file
quality high
scale exact fit
win mode transparent
check auto start
press ok
then size the box to the size of the banner you must remeber the size roughly then try it it will work

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:19 PM
see
www.thatgoodsite.com/banner.html (http://www.thatgoodsite.com/banner.html)

katieC
09-14-2006, 10:19 PM
In the "General" tab, in properties .... it says
Movie: and I put the flash there that you sent me that I saved to my desktop
Version: it says 5.0.0.0
Quality: says "best" there and there's a drop down arrow there with choices
Scale: says "exact fit" and that has a drop down arrow as well there
Window Mode: says there "window" and that has a drop down arrow too

there's also a check mark in the "autostart" box. I click ok and still can't see the picture/photo, i can only see a very faint picture, like it's there it's just transparent, only the "transparent part" is NOT marked?? So it shouldn't be right?? And when will that picture start to "change modes" for me?? Maybe it's just in it's "transparent state" until it is published or something??

Now once this problem is fixed .... do I just build my page around it and it's done and should work fine on the internet??

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:24 PM
i think i know whats up, you have to previw it on the net go to the top of the page you are building and 11 buttons from the left at the top is a mini magnufying glass this is preveiw click it and it will give you an idea what it looks like on the net
it wont do anything just in b.v

yes just build your page around it look at mine i just did its ok www.thatgoodsite.com/banner.html (http://www.thatgoodsite.com/banner.html)

katieC
09-14-2006, 10:25 PM
see
www.thatgoodsite.com/banner.html (http://www.thatgoodsite.com/banner.html)

What is this?? Is it some website you want me to see? I put my cursor over this url and it brought me to some "infopage" --??

And I tried it again, and it's still a "clear page"?? When I input the flash there, it's almost hard to see the picture part of it because it's transparent almost ..... then the "words to the right" in the "black part" are cut off at the top right hand corner of the flash banner??

katieC
09-14-2006, 10:28 PM
OM MY GOSH, i just saw what you did to yours!! YES YES YES, THAT'S WHAT I WANT .... BUT WHY isn't it working in my site?? Darnit, see your words on your site are fit perfectly -- and my words are at the TOP RIGHT and are cut off after "dealership", and the cars part, the "changing part", I can't even SEE because its transparent???

Darnit I'm frustrated -- (and laughing at the same time because I know I'm SO CLOSE ...... )

I'm going to close it out and try it all fresh all over again ..... hold on, let me try again.

Katie

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:32 PM
YES IT IS A PAGE WITH YOUR BANNER ON lol
i think you havnt got flash capabilites on your browser then are you on .ie browser?
any way when you say it is cutting of the edge and is transparent do you mean on the net or just in b.v page on you desktop?
can i just say that it having to be transparent means you wont see the player the flash is using when on the web so you just see the image not so the pic is invisible
just keep on pluggin away
i think you cant see the banner i uploaded because you dont have flash capabilites on your p.c try gettin a flash palyer from google they are free and easy to use then that might cure it

katieC
09-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok, I hit the "PREVIEW" button and it worked!! Yeah!! Now, one more question .... how do I get it more CENTERED in the page on the web and not so far over to the left hand side???

Thanks so much again ..... I OWE YOU BIG TIME!!

And, any way to change those "words" on the right hand side to "HAYDELL INDUSTRIES" instead of that "dealership stuff"????

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:35 PM
OM MY GOSH, i just saw what you did to yours!! YES YES YES, THAT'S WHAT I WANT .... BUT WHY isn't it working in my site?? Darnit, see your words on your site are fit perfectly -- and my words are at the TOP RIGHT and are cut off after "dealership", and the cars part, the "changing part", I can't even SEE because its transparent???

Darnit I'm frustrated -- (and laughing at the same time because I know I'm SO CLOSE ...... )

I'm going to close it out and try it all fresh all over again ..... hold on, let me try again.

Katie

stretch the box to the size you want it this might be it
it can get cut of if you use window instead of transperant too

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:37 PM
right lets ay your page is 800 px wide move the box to the centre at 400 go page properties and centre it then try to preveiw if its a bit to left etc go back move it a bit then preview then when you are ready and if you are using thew banner on all pages i suggest you clone a few pages wiht it for safe keeping then you can use them later

katieC
09-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I will do just that, I'm cloning pages right now for safe keeping -- THANK YOU

Another question ..... the words on the right that say, "are you starting a new dealership, so are we!"

Can I CHANGE THOSE WORDS to "Haydell Industries" instead of what the other person has?? That's the difference with our business, we don't do the "dealership business" .... so I need that to be changed somehow.

Any advice??

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
the only way you can change them is with a flash making programe as said before like macromedia or dreamweaver or try to find some free software to try if only for one job but sometimes they have watermark any way keep on goin lol youle get there

allstarfaces
09-14-2006, 11:06 PM
cut of the words and add a text box next to it is also an option
just open the flash in.bv
put no border
window and then size the box so it cuts of the words easy peasy

katieC
09-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Ok, I will try that also -- to cut the words off the page.

I also just downloaded macromedia FLASH -- gosh it's so hard to use ....?

is there any way to get that photo, once it goes through it's ONE repitition of different photo's, to KEEP PLAYING instead of just stopping permanently once it's done???