Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index pages

Oh look me again :D

I can't seem to get my separate index pages to work, my index page for my first website, is always the index page for my second I upload to public_html for my first and public_html/secondwebsite for my second, but it's always the first index page that shows??

Re: Index pages

Originally posted by Cartechautomotive
    Oh look me again :D

I can't seem to get my separate index pages to work, my index page for my first website, is always the index page for my second I upload to public_html for my first and public_html/secondwebsite for my second, but it's always the first index page that shows??
    It sounds like you're publishing to the correct place.

What URL are you using to get to your second? It should look like this: http://www.mysecondwebsite.myoriginalwebsite.com

You may wany to post your URLs so that we can take a look for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

But isn't that a sub-domain format??

My first www.cartechautomotive.co.uk my second www.clubaristo.co.uk

Comment

Bu**er, they're correct now

LMFAO, just got to find out how I done it :D

Comment

Tried again, uploaded a new index page to www.clubaristo.co.uk but it hasn't changed from the previous one. Brickwall---Head---bang lol

Comment

When you load your index page to your original website it should be loaded to your public_html folder.

When you load to your second site it should be loaded to your public_html/secondwebsite folder.

I am forever publishing my pages to the wrong site as I forget to rename the folders!

Take a deep breath, and try again. You'll get there!
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
            www.TucsonForBeginners.com
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Thanks :D That many deep breaths, I think I'm hyper ventilating lol

OK, I'm loading the index page to the correct location (public_html/secondsite), but it doesn't appear.

But if I load the same index page to public_html (the first site) it appears on both websites??

Every other page is working correctly (once I'd remembered to type the .html afterwards in the browser lol) just it's the index page that has me flumxed.

Comment

Working...
              X