Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Form Maker Pro help before I throw my PC out of the Window!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Maker Pro help before I throw my PC out of the Window!!

Ok I have downloaded Formmaker pro and unzipped it. It is now sitting on my desktop glaring at me, daring me to try and use it. I have no idea what to do next I have read in other posts stuff about cmodding or something and an ftp manager (if I click on that in my cpanel it just brings up something about permissions). Please please please can someone help me and I mean in really really dumbed down terms, preferably with pictures!!!! lol!
    www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Re: Form Maker Pro help before I throw my PC out of the Window!!

After you unzip it on your computer, you must:
    1. upload it on a folder on your site, preferably named "fmp". Then you must change this folder permissions to 755.
    2. Create a database, through your CP, and add a username (with relevant password) for this database.
    3. install fmp by typing "www.yoursite.com/fmp/install.php"in yout IE. From there on follow the onscreen instructions.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Do you have to upload each file individually or is there a way you can just upload the whole folder?

BTW Thanks for that it's awesome you put it so I could understand it, I bow before you!

Comment

Ok I have uploaded the file to a folder named fmp. I created a database in MySQL is that correct?

When I went to http://www.silver-maple.ca/fmp/install.php I just got a HTTP 404 error/

What next?

Comment

Ok, you are doing something wrong. If you wish, use my form to send me your loggin details (IP address, username and password, as well as database name, username and password, and i will take care of it for you.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks!!

*blushes*

I hate not being able to do things!

Comment

Hi there

I am having the same problem as bitznbats. I have followed the instructions to the letter and i get the error 404 as well when I try to run install.php on my web browser. I have tried on both IE and Mozilla.

Is/are there steps missing in the instructions?

Help!

Carol

Comment

Following some instructions in other threads I have deleted fmp from public.html and re installed it. I have checked that all files and folders exist.

Everything is there however I still can't install fmp by going to www.mydomain.com.au/fmp/install.php.

Help!!

Carol

Comment

I know that you are a busy guy Naveldesign but I was wondering if you have had a chance to take a look yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Carolb
                    Following some instructions in other threads I have deleted fmp from public.html and re installed it. I have checked that all files and folders exist.

Everything is there however I still can't install fmp by going to www.mydomain.com.au/fmp/install.php.

Help!!

Carol

I don't know if this is right because I can't get my own to work but should your site name havs .com.au or should it just be .au??

Comment

Installing now. let you know. However, later in the day or tomorrow morning, there will also be a new, VERY powerful script allowing users to setup complicated forms directly in BV. You might want to take a look at it. Look for it in the Forms forum
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you Navaldesign you are AWESOME!!

Comment

Working...
                        X