Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Setup Help

Hi

I am a tight business person who rarely uses office much so I see no need to ungrade from the Office 2000 that I have. Unfortunately no walkthrough exists for allowing you to link this to you vodahost web account. I have tried to adapt the existing walkthrough and it looked like it had worked expect for I cannot receive mail I cannot send mail and if i click on a link it comes up not properly installed. Is anyone familier with Outlook 2000 and can tell me how to set it up properly.

Thanks!!
    www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Re: Outlook Setup Help

You will soon be outdated by Office 2007, I suggest you adapt to that one before you get used to 2000, because 2007 will be arround for a long time.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Buying new software is very nice, but I run a small business with a small budget and a huge list of expensive jobs that need doing. I have used Office 2000 since it came out and as it does everything I need I do not see anyneed to upgrade simply so I can use the walkthough on voda host. If it was so expensive then I would but unfortunately i may have to wait until Office 2015.

Comment

You do not have to buy new software, Outlook 2000 works just fine.

Please click and read the below very carefully....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...-my-email.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok well I have Outlook kind of setup - I can recieve email great no problems there, but when i go to send an email nothing happens, when I click to try and resend it comes up 'sorry you can't send an item which is already in the progress of being sent' but none of my emails ever get through, I even tried altering my SMTP (or whatever its called) to my ISP as said in the above link but to no avail. I know that I have to be typing the info in right as I can recive mail.

Any idea guys??

Comment

The Outlook problem I now have is different. It will send email as it sends read receipts but whenever I click on send nothing appears to happen and none of the emails get through, if I try to click send again then it comes up with the you cannot send something that is already in the process of being sent.

Comment

I wish I could help you on this one, but the best advice I can give is to try and (as vodahost stated) RECONFIGURE EVERYTHING that you have done. Make sure that your
              Incoming Mail is: mail.whateveryourdomainis.com
              Outgoing Mails is: mail.whateveryourdomainis.com

If that doesn't work and there is a problem with sending, then you need to make that ISP address for your smtp address (the OUTGOING) such as .... smtp.cox.net or smtp.roadrunner.net or whatever your ISP address is for the OUTGOING mail server (also called the smtp) -- once that is all correct (and everything down to the "." has to be right, check to see if maybe you typed in a "," instead of "." ??), then it would be something with either your mail client or your ISP. I've never seen / heard of that error message before and I've used outlook for many years?? I'm not sure what that might be from?

Good Luck -
              KatieC

Comment

ok my error messages have taken on a new meaning. After I did what katie advised now everytime I go to send mail it pops up a box for me to insert my username password. I keept inserting it (it is right) but it just keeps throwing the box back up at me.
                Any idea why?

Comment

Originally posted by bitznbats
                  ok my error messages have taken on a new meaning. After I did what katie advised now everytime I go to send mail it pops up a box for me to insert my username password. I keept inserting it (it is right) but it just keeps throwing the box back up at me.
                  Any idea why?
                  Usually, once you get THAT message that you say you are getting at this point, it's because either the username OR password is typed in wrong .... try this
                  1) make sure that your USERNAME is typed in as such .... (using MY name as an example for you) katie@haydell.com ---- meaning that it has to be the WHOLE address for your username, all lowercase letters
                  2) try to retype your password JUST as you typed it in when you created your email in your CPanel ....

If you REcreate your email again, keep everything pretty much the same as you had it when you were getting the password error, just RETYPE the username and password in the "Accounts" settings of your Outlook.

When I got that message, I was ONE dot off and had accidentally typed a "," in where the "." had to be before the "com" and that was it, once I fixed that, it was fine.

Try that and see what happens ....

Comment

Working...
                  X