Wordpress -vs- phpbb2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress -vs- phpbb2

When I was first putting together my BV site, I installed Wordpress. Seemed pretty nice, bit as a newbie, I found it too hard to configure. I switched to phpbb2 and it installed nice and offerred many templates. I have made the phpbb2 blog as simple as possible to use and am still not getting any sucess.

I would like to hear from a user(s) who has used both an can give me a short list of pros and cons. I would also like to visit a site using the wordpress software to get a feel for it in action.

Thanx for any assistance you may provide.

Re: Wordpress -vs- phpbb2

Morning KenHansen
    Ive not used phpbb but do use wordpress...Ive found it very easy to use. In my opinion its all about what looks and feels simple to you.
    Ive now two blogs that Im still working with. and I love to help others with theirs. Im always looking at the template center to see if there are any others that I may have missed.
    Im still learning the program as Im fairly new to it and there is so much to learn and that can be done.
    In case you havent seen it heres the link to the wordpress templates.
    TEMPLATES

You can also have a look at what Ive done so far...remember they are still in their rough stages so there is more to come! The foods is a constant update as they come along. The skiing is only about half the info as of yet..miles to go before I sleep!

SPECIALTY FOODS
    SKIING IN VERMONT

Comment

Thank you both. Both of your sites are quite an interesting use of the blog. I will go back and review my Wordpress and see if I can't tweak it to be more in line with my objective.

Comment

HAHA...I like the polite compliment....lol....I know my blog use is very unorthodox, but I have many reasons ....
        I like to create. And I have fun with it...So my thought are - and I dont know if they are correct - but hopefully someone else that knows will jump in and correct me if Im wrong!...hehe...
        but I figure that if there is someone doing a search for skiing or foods, which have absolutely nothing to do with me, they then will trip over me and maybe just maybe like me. just a little...lol
        And if not, then at least Im having fun playing!

If there is anything I can help with feel free to ask, I can do my best to asnwer your questions.

Comment

Working...
        X