Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will naming my first page index damage my rankings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will naming my first page index damage my rankings?

Hi,

Do I have to name my first page index? I don't think it is going to help with the search engines?

Re: Will naming my first page index damage my rankings?

NO..
    You only name the page 'Index' as the file for the server to display.. that means the page will be saved by the name 'index' on the server.. The search engine will recognize your page by it's 'title'.. Open your BV page, select properties and give it whatever title you wish.

In summary, Name and title are 2 things.

Name: What the server goes for (think of it as a file name)
    Title: Is what the page is headed.

Comment

Re: Will naming my first page index damage my rankings?

I am still in the process of getting my site submitted properly, but here's a bit of advice I received from bethers that might help you. My site is www.amazinggracefellowship.info

... the ONLY keywords that should be listed for each page's meta tags are keywords USED on that page. And if they aren't used on the page, you will not be found for them.

Also, there are thousands (miliions) of websites out there competing for the same keywords, so for you to be found for them, you need to optimize the pages for them - that means using specific keywords on individual pages, using those keywords in links back to your pages from other websites and within your own website, etc etc.

One of the most important things you need to do - it make your title your top keywords for each page. Right now you have the title to your home page "index" - that won't help the se's or visitors to know where they have landed. I suggest a good title for that page would be: Prescott Valley Baptist Church - Amazing Grace

That gives your name and what you are in the title. Then make appropriate titles for each other page.

Comment

Working...
      X