Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need php script for "popup" type page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need php script for "popup" type page?

Greetings!

I'm building a new site - don't have it published yet but I am a VH customer, am building with Blue Voda and it will be published on VH.

What I want is to hyperlink a phrase and when someone clicks on the phrase I want a window to pop up with an explanation of that phrase.

Should I use a php file to do this?

Is there a better or easier way to make this happen and if so please point me in the right direction.

The main this is that I didn't want them to have to go back after they read the explanation but instead just close the window.

Thank you,

www.yourmlmresource.com
    Alejaz

Re: Do I need php script for "popup" type page?

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/newpage.html', '','width=400,height=400'); return false;"

place this in the hyperlink section when creating a link in the text

you can adjust the size of the box above where it says 400 etc
    this is one way i find ok
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thank you. So if I do this then I DO need to create a whole page for each of the phrases?
      Alejaz

Comment

yes mkae a page keepin in mind its goin to be 400 x 400 say so write within this size and then publish it as info or something then do the above and it will pop up in a small 400 400 window with text and the ability to scroll down aswell i use them a lot here top right saying contentes click and see if its what you want

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Make sure to start your text explaination
          inthe upper left corner of the page and keep
          it with in the 400 X 400 as stated.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

When I highlight the text and go to hyperlink it brings up the "Insert Hyperlink" box. Does the above go in the URL box?

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be creating a new page and changing the information in the text above or doing it in forms and creating a php?

I pasted it into the URL box but it isn't linking me there when I try it.

Please advise ~ and thank you both for your help.
            Alejaz

Comment

When I highlight the text and go to hyperlink it brings up the "Insert Hyperlink" box. Does the above go in the URL box?
              - yes- you would put what was posted in the URL box.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be creating a new page and changing the information in the text above or doing it in forms and creating a php?
              No- There is no need for a form or php here. What you are basically doing is linking to a page and that page will be limited to 400X400 pixels. Therefore- all your text on that page must fit in the 400X400 pixel range. The text would be placed in the upper left of the page. So when someone clicks on the link- it opens the page in a 400X400 window.

I pasted it into the URL box but it isn't linking me there when I try it.
              First make sure you can set up a regular link to your page. When you view it regularly- you will see a fulll page with all the text in the upper right corner. Now go an change the link and use the above provided code example replacing the blue sections with your web site and page info.

Andy

PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Oh My Gosh! Andy it actually works! You Are The Man!

Thank you so much!
                Alejaz

Comment

eer i am the man lmao

Comment

Working...
                  X