Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking problem, advise pleas

Hi everyone

I am fairly new to this but seemed ( or so i thought ) to have grasped the basics fairly well unill i come to publish ! the home ( index ) page went up no problem but none of the links from the menu bar work ! ive checked and checked all the url spellings, the targets are set at -self but i just can't get the pages to link !

my site is www.northamericancosworthspe******ts.com , if anyone can help me to solve this i would be really gratefull as i seem to be going round in circles ! ive watched the tutorials over and over, checked and re checked, it must be something simple, i just can't see it !

Thanks for any help

Daz

Re: linking problem, advise pleas

Hi Daz!

Sorry if this is a derr question, but have you published all of your other pages?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi
      Yeah, published all the pages on the link menu, if you hold the mouse over the link it displays the address but wont link ! all are set to target -self, same ip address and al to public, must be something really obvious but it has had me stumped all day, the forum was a last resort as like to figure things out, but when needs must hey :)

Thanks for replying

Comment

Are all these pages uploaded to the right folder in the server..??

Comment

Hi
          I believe so, is there any way i can check that ?

Thanks for advice
          Daz

Comment

Yes Daz..

Note that the folders are set on the server to include 2 public folders.. the one you want is the 'public_html'.

Login cpanel, file manager, locate these pages and let us know where you find them.

According to your link, all of those pages have to be uploaded into the public_html folder (the same folder where your index page is uploaded).

Make sure you didn't put them in the 'public_ftp" folder by mistake.

Please let us know. Cheers.

Comment

Hi
              Thanks for that, i logged in and found the files in the public_html file, they were also found in a folder labelled www

There was none in the ftp folder !

any thoughts ?

Thanks

Comment

Scenario #2:

File names. Make sure that the file names are listed in the public_html folder aboutus.html, press.html... etc.

Is that all good..?? If it is all fine we'll look at republishing those pages.

Comment

Hi
                  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i noticed although the files were named correctly there were gaps i.e. about us_html , so i altered all the names and resaved then rebublished, and it all works fine now :) , had to be something simple didn't it, i just needed poiting in the right direction.

Many thanks for all your help, i need to concentrate on making it look more dynamic now ( knuckles cracking ) any pointers or views on my site as it stands are very welcome.

Thanks again
                  Daz

Comment

Well done and you are welcome mate.. glad it's all sorted.

Do me a favor.. post a new thread in the 'Customer Review Section' for a review on your website. That way we can get others views as well.. In any case, fromm what I have seen in your index page, the website looks nice and crisp.. simple to navigate and looks visitor friendly. I like the concept of not complicating things and you presented a fairly neat website. I'll have another look to see the other pages and will give more feedback in your customer review post.

Making the site dynamic is very possible and there is room for that kind of stuff on your site.. It all depends on what you want done and where.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                    X