Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing my website......

Hi

I was wondering if anybody could help me.

My site has been up and running for a few months now, but a few people have got back to me and said they have trouble viewing the site in firefox. Somebody said

"It looks as though the problems lie in the code, which has absolute positioning in it. Remove the position information, and the text and tables should run on ok in Firefox or IE.

Could anybody tell me how to do this please.

Thanks

Sara
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Viewing my website......

Hi Sara
    Have you looked at the site in Firefox? I suggest you do so - then you only have a couple very simple fixes - and that's to move a couple elements down a tad so they don't overlap.

For some reason, Firefox and IE don't read the same absolutes.

Whenever I make a new page, I preview it in both browsers - and make minor adjustments so that it's viewable in both.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Viewing my website......

Just a quick add-on idea. I use Opera as my main browser. Mainly because of the way it handles my mail, but I also view my page changes in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera to be certain it looks fine for all users. I even occasionaly have an *****/Mac friend check the site with his browser (Safari I think). Make sure you select "center page in browser" also helps alleviate problems.

Opera is not as highly publizised as Firefox as an Explorer alternative, but is certainly worth looking in to. The built in mail client offers the best way to catogorize mail that I have found. You can also set up your BV mail to be sent there. Tabbed browsing is also fantastic and navagation is a breeze.

OK, enough of the Opera pitch, but do include it as a way to check how your site is viewed by different browsers.

Comment

Working...
      X