Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st post (and I only have a small problem..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st post (and I only have a small problem..)

Hi Everyone, this is my first post on here. I have joined Vodahost and am slowly getting to grips with the website builder supplied along with the hosting solution. Very impressive are my first thoughts.

I have built my first page (called index) and have saved it and then hit publish. Uploads in the normal way and says Published successfully when it has. I go to my contolX panel and go into file manager and there it is in public_html in the subfile called index.html.

I have of course gone through the vids and text, and have I think, named the page right etc. but still have not got my index page visible on the net. Any obvious things I should look for or easy fixes to try!!??!!

If there are hyperlinks on a page that go nowhere (because that page has not been built yet) will that stop the page from publishing?? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sutski.
    Website building clueless person.

What is your domain name?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

www.leasetrader.ch

Comment

Hi, you need to publish your index page directly into the public_html folder
        in order for it to be displayed when people visit your website!

Sarah :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Right, done that, stil no immediate refief...Emptied public_html then published from the file called index via the menubar, after saving, it goes through the motions and then says upload successful. I then go to file manager and in public_html are the following files. 1. a bunch of gif files. 2. a 15k index.html file with a paper icon. 2 a jpeg of 18k 3. another paper icon called jscookmenu. an empty cgi bin and another doc called .hta access.

If you got all of that..... they are seperate individual files when I go into public_html

Any thoughts why nothing is then visible on the good ole interweb?

Comment

Have you pointed your name servers to VodaHost? Until you do
            you will not be able to access your web site on the internet.
            George Fountakos
            VodaHost
            www.VodaHost.com
            Your Website People
            +1-302-283-3777 USA / Canada / International
            (0044) 020 8816 8319 / United Kingdom

Comment

I have yes George. The ISP also inputted your ns2 DNS manually into their database as Sarah was only able to register the ns1 for some reason...

Will go now and double check though.

Comment

It might take up to 72 hours for new pointers to start showing your page.

Comment

So you think I am best to leave the public_html file as it is with the below files in it, go for a beer and come back tomorrow and see if it has appeared....I like those sort of ideas!! I am relatively sure I have done as advised on the publishing side so I will leave it for a while while I still have some hair left!!

Comment

Left my password at work for my isp so I will have to check that the DNS are fine tomorrow. I am 99% sure they are pointing here though...to be continued...

Comment

I lied, I have not given up. I have now emptied the public_html, started a fresh page in bluevoda named it index and uploaded it. Successfully published it says. Now the public_html has just has a file index.html which is a blank named bluevoda page with a couple of test words on it.

Am I missing something here?!? (still allowing for the 72 hrs...)

Comment

I probably now have the forum record for replying to your own posts....

Just checked my ISP and the DNS and they were indeed not redirected to ns1. vodahost.com despite me calling them and asking them to do it manually when we could not do it automatically. Guess I now really do have a 72 hr wait!!!

Thanks for the advice people. Much appreciated. Will post again when I am live!!

Sutski

Comment

I now definitely have the record.

Buuuuuuut, I am now online!!!! It was nothing to do with BV package or my incompetance it seems. The DNS were not registered properly.

www.leasetrader.ch is now GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Comment

I get a timeout error called 12002 - anyone get that ?any ideas or feedback?

Comment

In the following thread pablo deals with this problem:

Answers to general questions and help with common problems. For help with a specific issue, post to one of the forums below.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X