Importing CSS style sheets as part of existing HTML page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing CSS style sheets as part of existing HTML page

I've just downloaded BV and all looks good.

i was looking to import some existing templates i have for me to personalise. The html pages all come with style sheets and after searching for a while i can't figure out how to import the style sheets along with the html page into BV.

is this possible as the templates are pretty naff without them?

thanks in advance for any help

John

Re: Importing CSS style sheets as part of existing HTML page

Hi john. Yes, you can copy the style sheets to the same location as you index.html page and then all other pages in your site should contain the following code. This will allow those pages to pick up the commands issued in the style style sheet.

Three things....

1) When publishing in BV you style settings will be overwritten. it will work fine if using the FTP manager in your BV Control Panel to upload your pages instead of using the publish command.

2) The code below must be entered into the HEAD of each page. the code can be added numerous times and point to as many different style sheets as you deem necessary,

3) Look at the section in green below, when you copy the code ensure that it points to the correct style sheet name
    Code:
    <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="[COLOR=Green][I]stylesheetname[/I][/COLOR].css">

FPRULES

Comment

thanks for your response,

what i was trying to ask was, when importing templates into BV to work on, without the style sheet imported as well they look wrong and therefore make it difficult for me to personalise these templates. i hope this makes sense.

john

Comment

I dont use BV so it is particularly difficult to know exactly what you mean John. Templates for any program usually make use of their own 'styles' and as such external style sheets might get in the way (or not work at all). I know that when using thepublish command in BV all external styles are overwirtten. This might be the problem you are having.

Its a tricky line that is drawn, CSS allows for so much styling that templates are not usually necessary so using one could easily screw up the styles in the style sheet.

Try using the FTP manager in your control panel to upload your pages instead of using the publish command.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
        X