PDA

View Full Version : SohoLaunch - Authorize.net

Nancy
09-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Just got a Authorize.net account. Went into shopping cart and put in my API Login ID and the Transaction Key. Set the live payment to authorize.net. My Gateway is not in test mode. When I try to send a credit card through, I get this message - Unable to complete transaction. Your credit card has not been charged.
Error :

Talked with someone from Authorize.net and they walked me through all the steps and said the problem lies in the shopping cart since there isn't a code next to Error:
Has anyone had this problem? What can I do to fix this?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Nancy,

What happens when you are in test mode? Do you have SSL layer installed? You have to copy and paste that key in, or you can use your password instead, if you dont want to be generating keys.

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Nancy,

What happens when you are in test mode? Do you have SSL layer installed? You have to copy and paste that key in, or you can use your password instead, if you dont want to be generating keys.

Karen

It's the same no matter if I'm live or test mode. I was going to get the SSL certificate within the next day or 2. Asked Authorize.net if it made a difference of not having one yet and he said no. I got a free one for 30 days but don't think I installed it right as when the checkout button is clicked it just went to a white page with some writing. If it's installed right, then I'm not putting the address in the payment section in Soho right. I copied and paste both the Login ID and the Key in.

Nancy
09-21-2006, 01:05 AM
Also meant to say before I even got a free SSL it was doing the samething far as the error message goes.

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Nancy,

You have to type in the address for the secure layer, even if it is temporary in soho. it will be : https://www.yoursite.com or https://yoursite.com. If you don't have the codes for the ssl layer in there correctly it will make a difference and that could be the error.

Karen

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Nancy,

Duh, I guess I shouldnt be in a hurry and read better. Make sure you have authorize.net in the drop down menu in the 1. box, and make sure you have all your credit cards ticked off that you accept in number 3. Make sure you have n/a showing on the php includes. Past that, I dont know what could be making it do that. Make sure there are NO spaces before or after your codes in the authorize.net box.

Karen

Vasili
09-21-2006, 02:59 AM
< peeking in > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

Nancy
09-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Nancy,

Duh, I guess I shouldnt be in a hurry and read better. Make sure you have authorize.net in the drop down menu in the 1. box, and make sure you have all your credit cards ticked off that you accept in number 3. Make sure you have n/a showing on the php includes. Past that, I dont know what could be making it do that. Make sure there are NO spaces before or after your codes in the authorize.net box.

Karen

Been done and not working. Maybe I need to get in touch with the makers of the program.

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 04:49 AM
Nancy,

Well now u have me worried... im gonna go see if mine works

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 05:07 AM
Nancy,

Well now u have me worried... im gonna go see if mine works

Karen

This really has me puzzled. I keep at it and not getting anywhere. Have no other ideas!

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 05:28 AM
Well mine is not working either in any mode:

Unable to complete transaction. Your card has not been charged.
Error:123 This account has not been given permission(s) for this request.

And here i just thought sales were slow...<sigh>

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 05:35 AM
Well mine is not working either in any mode:

Unable to complete transaction. Your card has not been charged.
Error:123 This account has not been given permission(s) for this request.

And here i just thought sales were slow...<sigh>

Karen

Almost the same message as mine. Maybe I'm not stupid after all...LOL Been thinking the problem was me...maybe not. If we can't get ours to work....you know alot of other people's aren't working either. Since yours has a 123 at the end, that should indicate authorize.net error from what I was told. Mine just says Error: which should be a shopping cart error.

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Im thinking when they updated they redid the MD-Hash code. But I didnt see anything on soho about it. Well cant scream at anybody until tomrrow.

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 05:43 AM
Im thinking when they updated they redid the MD-Hash code. But I didnt see anything on soho about it. Well cant scream at anybody until tomrrow.

Karen

I updated to a new version yesterday and tonight there was a new .31 version. Which one do you have installed? Do you know who I can scream at tomorrow? LOL Any email addresses?

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 06:07 AM
Nancy

I just updated, the others werent stable until yesterday or today sometime. I know authorize is working as I did a manual transaction this morning for an email customer of mine. Its somewhere in the coding or the updating of soho, either the URLS have changed or the md5hash platform has changed... its not liking the ping its getting from soho. I am going to start my "attack" at authorize and go from there.

Karen

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 06:25 AM
Nancy

I just got mine fixed. IN authorize go to api and transaction id key in your Settings Section. The TRANSACTION login is different than your account login, and thats where my BOO BOO was at! They changed it up on me. When you signed in, they make you change your sign in id, and didnt TELL you that it doesnt change your transaction id. Clear as MUD? LOL they didnt tell me either and I resell them sorta !!!

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Nancy

I just got mine fixed. IN authorize go to api and transaction id key in your Settings Section. The TRANSACTION login is different than your account login, and thats where my BOO BOO was at! They changed it up on me. When you signed in, they make you change your sign in id, and didnt TELL you that it doesnt change your transaction id. Clear as MUD? LOL they didnt tell me either and I resell them sorta !!!

Karen

I have my API Login and transaction key in the authorize.net fields. What version of authorize.net are you using....3.0 or 3.1?

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Nancy

3.0 I think. I didnt hit the upgrade cos.. i dunt know my bank is up to it or not. I will have to ask them that tomorrow.

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 07:00 AM
Nancy

3.0 I think. I didnt hit the upgrade cos.. i dunt know my bank is up to it or not. I will have to ask them that tomorrow.

Karen

Is there anything in authorize.net settings that is a must to set up before it will work? Like maybe Response/Receipt URL, Silent Post URL, Receipt Page, Direct Response. Authorize.net didn't take me there so figured it's not a have to thing. Just going through and checking everything again. Have no idea what to do....................

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Nancy,

Soho should do that for you, as far as the reciept pages, and you have AIM, so you shouldnt need those, I just logged out, so I dont have it in front of me. You SHOULD have run in test mode to verify all of those working before going to live transactions. Whats your site, and I will go try a test order and see if I can help you that way, and If you didnt set up and do all the tests, get with authorize chat tomorrow, they are usually very good with that, and see if you can get it set up right...THE must is the test modes.

Whats your link and ill go peek

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Nancy,

Soho should do that for you, as far as the reciept pages, and you have AIM, so you shouldnt need those, I just logged out, so I dont have it in front of me. You SHOULD have run in test mode to verify all of those working before going to live transactions. Whats your site, and I will go try a test order and see if I can help you that way, and If you didnt set up and do all the tests, get with authorize chat tomorrow, they are usually very good with that, and see if you can get it set up right...THE must is the test modes.

Whats your link and ill go peek

Karen

http://justcellaccessories.com. I have it turned off right now. I'll turn it on. Nothing worked in test mode. So took it off to check. Authorize.net said it didn't matter. You want it in test mode or not when you go to the site?

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Nancy,

Either way, I can run a test card number, which will be declined, but you will know its supposed to work that way, or you can make it live and ill run a card

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Nancy,

Either way, I can run a test card number, which will be declined, but you will know its supposed to work that way, or you can make it live and ill run a card

Karen

I'll just keep it on live.

Nancy
09-21-2006, 07:18 AM
get with authorize chat tomorrow, they are usually very good with that, and see if you can get it set up right...THE must is the test modes.

I emailed authorize.net 3 times and their email bounced. Wouldn't go through. Never saw a chat on their site as that is what I wanted to do.

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Nancy,

I ran it both ways. No luck. Paypal works tho. Im wondering tho... You mention the temporary SSL, im wondering if you arent required to have SSL to run to us the AIM? If its just temporary, or non existant, you may have to configure it differently, if they even allow you to do that. I know the Merchant Bank I rep for doesnt allow that, so that may be part of the problem. You didnt set up WEBLINK did you?

Karen

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Nancy

At the very top, on the right there is a little corner there that says Feedback, Contact Us, Live Help, Help, Logout. Way up in the header area. Click on the live help. They arent there now, but they will be tomorrow.

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Nancy,

I ran it both ways. No luck. Paypal works tho. Im wondering tho... You mention the temporary SSL, im wondering if you arent required to have SSL to run to us the AIM? If its just temporary, or non existant, you may have to configure it differently, if they even allow you to do that. I know the Merchant Bank I rep for doesnt allow that, so that may be part of the problem. You didnt set up WEBLINK did you?

Karen

No didn't set up weblink at all. Before I got the Free SSL, it still didn't work. The strange thing is....it doesn't work on the Zen Cart either. But a few people are having a hard time with it so not sure if it's connected at all. VodaHost support as not gotten back with me on the correct way to set up the SSL. Authorize.net said it didn't matter if you had SSL because it's going through a secure site to process (them).

Nancy
09-21-2006, 07:43 AM
Nancy

At the very top, on the right there is a little corner there that says Feedback, Contact Us, Live Help, Help, Logout. Way up in the header area. Click on the live help. They arent there now, but they will be tomorrow.

Karen

Mine says - Feedback, Contact Us, Help, Logout. Nothing about live help. As I said....even their email address didn't work. Maybe I made a mistake........

VodaHost
09-21-2006, 08:02 AM
If you tried installing a SSL, this could be causing the issues of dodgy data transfer, there is no such thing as "Trial SSL" or a "free SSL". These are bait
and swtich scams by the SSL companies. (They All Do it)

What they neglect to tell you is.....

1) All ssl's require a dedicated IP address with only one domain on that IP address.
2) All ssl's require a CRT sigining request that must be issued by your web host.
3) All ssl's can only be installed if you have root access to the server. You do not have root server access.

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Nancy,

Who set up your SSL? Did you do it yourself? And, yes I think the SSL does make a difference, otherwise you are transmitting from POST to authorize and information could be open to view. Im not an expert on this end, as Ive just started getting into it, but, I wouldnt take cc payments with out SSL, rather it was my own, or shared. Authorize.net is secure once the info gets there, but its not on your end. Even paypal encrypts their buttons! So for your customers peace of mind and security, and for the lil amount it costs to have it done, no reason NOT to do it. Voda Host only charges $3.00 bucks a month and $30.00 to set it up. You can get a certificate for next to nothing as well. Or you could skip the certificate as the https is the clue anyway, but you do look more reputable with it.

There is something in how you are set up at authorize thats not right. So Id go thru everything with them including resetting it and running test mode. I think i did mine myself, when I signed in about a week or so ago, and they made me reset the password, so...thinking too much or not enuff I ran around and changed it on my stores too! Not thinking that it was two different things.

Karen

VodaHost
09-21-2006, 08:10 AM
If you tried installing a SSL, this could be causing the issues of dodgy data transfer, there is no such thing as "Trial SSL" or a "free SSL". These are bait
and swtich scams by the SSL companies. (They All Do it)

What they neglect to tell you is.....

1) All ssl's require a dedicated IP address with only one domain on that IP address.
2) All ssl's require a CRT sigining request that must be issued by your web host.
3) All ssl's can only be installed if you have root access to the server. You do not have root server access.

Additionally..

1) The only exception to the above comments is if you own and administer your own dedicated server.

2) If you are buying a SSL for Soholaunch make sure it is issued with the
www in front. Please do not forget to mention this to the SSL firm or else
the SSL will have to be re-issued.

By default all SSL's come witout the www, you have to ask for the www.

Karen Mac
09-21-2006, 08:12 AM
AWWWWW Thank YOU Voda Host, I was thinking I read that someplace, but couldnt remember where! And I still think it makes a difference in her connection to authorize as well. Okies... Nancy, hope you can get this worked out tomorrow, but.. I am going to bed now!

Karen

Nancy
09-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Nancy,

Who set up your SSL? Did you do it yourself? And, yes I think the SSL does make a difference, otherwise you are transmitting from POST to authorize and information could be open to view. Im not an expert on this end, as Ive just started getting into it, but, I wouldnt take cc payments with out SSL, rather it was my own, or shared. Authorize.net is secure once the info gets there, but its not on your end. Even paypal encrypts their buttons! So for your customers peace of mind and security, and for the lil amount it costs to have it done, no reason NOT to do it. Voda Host only charges $3.00 bucks a month and $30.00 to set it up. You can get a certificate for next to nothing as well. Or you could skip the certificate as the https is the clue anyway, but you do look more reputable with it.

There is something in how you are set up at authorize thats not right. So Id go thru everything with them including resetting it and running test mode. I think i did mine myself, when I signed in about a week or so ago, and they made me reset the password, so...thinking too much or not enuff I ran around and changed it on my stores too! Not thinking that it was two different things.

Karen

I can get a Dedicated IP, SSL, and set up for 99.00 through VodaHost. After paying the 30.00 setup fee and 3.00 a month for dedicated IP, then pay for the SSL, Might as well go through VodaHost and not mess with the setup. May just do that. I had fully intended getting a SSL. Just wanted to set up authorize.net.

Nancy
09-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Additionally..

1) The only exception to the above comments is if you own and administer your own dedicated server.

2) If you are buying a SSL for Soholaunch make sure it is issued with the
www in front. Please do not forget to mention this to the SSL firm or else
the SSL will have to be re-issued.

By default all SSL's come witout the www, you have to ask for the www. (http://www.)

I knew that as VodaHost set me up with the key and CSR for the free SSL from Rapid. Thank you for your help.

Nancy
09-21-2006, 08:22 AM
AWWWWW Thank YOU Voda Host, I was thinking I read that someplace, but couldnt remember where! And I still think it makes a difference in her connection to authorize as well. Okies... Nancy, hope you can get this worked out tomorrow, but.. I am going to bed now!

Karen

Thank you for your help Karen. You've been great!!!

VodaHost
09-21-2006, 08:37 AM
No problem, when your ready to to order, just click the below...

www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm

Nancy
09-21-2006, 08:38 AM

www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm (http://www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm)

reading my mind?? :-)

Nancy
09-21-2006, 08:45 AM

www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm (http://www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm)

Wanted to ask you, when they install the new SSL, will they find parts of the FREE SSL and take it out? Been trying to get it all out but still have part of the code in the SSL directory.

VodaHost
09-21-2006, 09:05 AM
When you submit a support ticket for asking for install, please mention the above and everything you did. do not for get to mention the www.

Vasili
09-21-2006, 09:44 AM
< finished peeking in, having learned by watching - again! > ..http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

VodaHost
09-21-2006, 09:50 AM
< finished peeking in, having learned by watching - again! > ..http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

Your up mighty late.

Vasili
09-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi, Boss!

Yeah... got a new laptop, and making it work right is a mess. Apparently, my verizon connection card is the culprit to blame as to why my 17" screen distorts all my web images....I can see thigs really ***** in BV, but live they look like they're underwater. Got this thing so I can connect anywhere in the world, and am trying to switch everyone out at work to laptop setups too (need to get another 20 immed.) so I'm the Beta.

Was talking to another industry player today (he has the best "online cad designer" for jewelry), and was mentioning how PAP could solve some of his issues....he's only 30 miles from Wilmington, so when he gets back, he'll conference with me with his partner to discuss bringin his ops to VH. Since I am dragging mu butt getting my sites up (which were supposed to be a model for the industry already) I told him that between you and Brad, you would offer all the technical expertise to support my sales job, and that you were personable to deal with!

I am having an awful time trying to run my businesses and finish my sites.....and I take it so personally, I am suffering a dose of depression, I suppose. Can't sleep, can't get forward either. Sad. Dan was going to help me out until he saw how he too needed to focus on his work. David is talking with me now....and I am debating whether to simply spend to have the guys who do the OsC template customizations just do it? They seem awfully high. (I need to do at least 2 OsC sites ASAP - long before Christmas).

So.....how was YOUR day???? LOLOL!

You can cut this when done....

VodaHost
09-21-2006, 10:20 AM
You must endeavor to perceiver http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

Vasili
09-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Perceive to Persevere?? LOL
True...but sooner or later you either fire your weapon, get overrun, or resort to greneades! HA!

It may always be a matter of perspective, but the older I get it seems to always boil down to how much BS I'm willing to tolerate and how much money I have to spend to get things done my way.....

For instance....with regard to this thread....is it best to submit a ticket for a dedicated IP and SSL at the same time PRIOR to building an OsC site in a new account, or add it after it's all set up?