Optimizing my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimizing my site

Again I hope this is in the right place.

I have a very good friend who is willing to optimize my site for me as my google ranking is not to high for certain phrases and keywords. He is more techie than me. I have picked up some ideas on the way but would be very grateful if anyone could take a look and see of anything that may help.

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Optimizing my site

I am seeing text overlapping text in several places on
    your page. Go back and look carefully. Use 'preview'
    to see the page as it would appear on the internet
    and see if you notice the overlaps. Then
    re-position or delete some of the text.
    Brad Arnold.......
    www.baldwincomusic.com
    www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
    !Free Search Engine Submission!
    Talking Avatar for your web site!
    Free sound editor
    Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by lovethatbluegrassmusic
      I am seeing text overlapping text in several places on
      your page. Go back and look carefully. Use 'preview'
      to see the page as it would appear on the internet
      and see if you notice the overlaps. Then
      re-position or delete some of the text.
      I'm viewing in Maxthon and I can't see any overlappong. It looks good. Good luck with the optimisation.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

A couple suggestions:

First the page title - get rid of "for a" - those are not keywords - how about: Natural Anxiety and Panic Cure from Anxiety No More (and make sure you do NOT run the words Anxiety No More together).

Then you need a headline - which you have but it isn't a headline with keywords. Think of a newspaper - in the headline area you have the following sentence: This website was set up to give help and advice to people who suffer from all forms of anxiety and panic disorder.

This needs to be a headline of keywords without the extraneous words. They already know they are on a website - how about: Anxiety and Panic Disorder Help and Advice

Then your page.

On the page, you need some of the keywords to be links to the internal pages. You also need to have the book you are selling moved up on the page - as it is now, many will never scroll all the way down and find it. You need to condense text - too much reading now - and make the text more reader friendly (in other words talk to the reader using you, your, etc instead of so many I's. Here's your current first paragraph:

First and foremost, I would like to welcome you to my site, and tell you that if you suffer from any form of anxiety or panic disorder, you are not alone. There is a cure out there for you, no matter how long you have suffered. Anxiety is treatable and no matter how many false dawns you have had so far, you don't have to ' just ' live with it.

Here's how I'd change it:
        Welcome! You suffer from panic and anxiety attacks? You are NOT alone. Do not despair. There is a cure for you no matter how long you've suffered. Anxiety is treatable and no matter how many false dawns you've had so far, you don't have to "just live with it".

And for the next paragraph:
        I understand from my own experience, just what an awful, lonely place you are sometimes in. I have found help from anxiety and panic attacks and want to offer it to you! You can feel better! You'll love "At Last a Life" the book that turned my life and can turn yours around. (Make the bolded here clickable to the book page - don't assume everyone will want or need to read all the way down the page to get to this!)

You need to get rid of all the mentions of "this website" - those aren't words of action. I'd go straight from the above to the list but get rid of the sentences leading into it and change it to a headline leading to it:

Common Symptons of Panic and Anxiety Disorders

follow with your list.

You have a great page - but it really does need to be optimized. Realize that optimizing for se's is really optimizing for your viewers. It's one and the same - what is good for the viewers will be good for the se's - well-written copy done in a style that will pull the people in.

Your copy further down about yourself is very good, but you still need to emphasize certain words and make more opportunities to get to the book - and get rid off too much extraneous without taking out the crux of the matter.

Good luck - and if I was doing the headlines, I'd make them in h1 tags - but just adding the proper titles and headlines and getting your keywords repeated and used as links as often as possible, will help tremendously.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers made some really good points, and I second them.
          Your site is text-rich, and sometimes that makes it tedious to get through. Making bolded titles for paragraphs, or at least breaking them up alittle would make it more easily readable - a reader might see a symptom mentioned in a paragraph head and immediately identify...
          Also, the text should be the same throughout. Changing texts mid-stream makes it feel pieced together.
          Lots of good information - much needed, I say.
          Good luck with your site.
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com
          Liz
          www.sebastopolparty.com
          www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Girlonthehill is correct, the overlapping has gone on my IE.
            Brad Arnold.......
            www.baldwincomusic.com
            www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
            !Free Search Engine Submission!
            Talking Avatar for your web site!
            Free sound editor
            Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Thank you so much Bethers your a star, sorry for the late thank you as I have been away. To everyone else a big thank you also, I will get on with the changes now. One question I wanted to ask was, if I should split the title ANXIETYNOMORE into Anxiety No More on all my banners?

Kind Regards

Paul
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

If you can, yes, I would. Even tho those are pictures - the only place you need the words running together are in the url. - Make them readable and then when they aren't pics - they'll help you more with the se's - and even in the banners, I hope you are including alt text with it split!
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers.

I have begun the site changes, just before I continue I would like to ask some questions and put my own view on certain changes.

Firstly how does linking internal pages help? I have a fear of them going off the home page and where the book is available, once my mind is put at rest I will continue.

My second point is on shortening the text on the home page and making it more like a newspaper. I totally agree it needed shortening and this I have done, but on this subject people need to know you can relate to them and you know what you are talking about, it is very easy to turn into another 'Buy this product its great site' so many people say they trusted me and felt I was not just someone else trying to rip them of there money, the book is very good and the feedback has been fantastic, it is how to tell others without sounding like another sales person. I took your advice about taking the words website out, I am having a little trouble adding more keywords as it is pretty keyword rich and I don't want it to appear spammy. Which words were you keen on me repeating more often?

Also it has been mentioned about the book being moved further up the pae before, everytime I try this it looks tacky as there is a lot of info to go along with this also, i.e overseas buyers, ebook, hard copy, other payment methods etc.. it also again looks like another 'Buy this now' site, I know I want people to buy it, the problem is I don't want to appear the pushy sales person, this can have the opposite affect.

Your advice is very welcome and I will take it all on board. I have so far just changed the titles and text on the first page, let me know what you think so far and I will then get on with the other changes you have mentioned,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

Kind Regards

Paul
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

The book can be added in many ways - just make some words clickable that allow ordering without having to scroll and read everything. That is one option.

As to the other page - I certainly expected the book to be available from most of the interior pages as well. There is no reason it's not. Especially the link to "The Book" - I mean, I expected that to be a product page for the book.

Remember, se's will not always send people to your home page - so every page has to be treated and optimized just as well as the home page.

As to the home page - I think a picture of the book to the right of the bulleted list - made clickabe to purchase would be a perfect place to insert the book. I really don't think most people get to your home page and realize you are selling anything - it looks like an info site - so you need to convey that message. I agree that you don't need to hit people over the head with it - but a picture that would be clickable to a purchase page, certainly is NOT out of the question. A picture simply - they can see it and keep reading - but if someone clicks on it - and buys sooner, rather than later - not a bad thing. You don't have to be pushy!

The title and headline look good!
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well Bethers, I have made some changes if you would care to take a look.
                      I am not up on h1 tags, alt txt....etc and may have to ask my friend about these and see if he can make the changes you suggested, I am pretty new to all this.

But I have put in more keywords and phrases into the pages, added the book to 2 other pages, put in around 15 clickable links to other pages, changed the titles, if there is anything else I may have missed then please advise if you have the time.

Hope the changes help, thanks so much.

Regards Paul
                      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

OK, your about me page has a title the same as or almost the same as your home page. Not good - all titles have to reflect the page they are on. Suggestion for this page title: Anxiety No More Author Speaks about his Anxiety and Cure - that might be too long - but even Anxiety No More Author Speaks or Anxiety No More Author Information would work.

In your talking on this page - make some of the words in your text links back to other pages. Like, every time you mention the book by name or just the word book - make that a link to the book page (where they can order).

On the books and cd's page I notice you use another color and underline the name - that's a no-no if that's not a link. I immediately thought I could click them and go someplace and so will your other viewers. Instead, you could keep the new color, but take out the underlining and simply make that text a slightly larger size and bold to highlight it.

I like that you added the book to the tips page, but you did so in a way that makes the page wider than the others - which I don't suggest. If you want it there, have the text wrap around it on the page - or put it at the top or bottom of the page and keep the width the same as the others.

Again, you underlined all your paragraph headers - get rid of those, please. The larger text and bolding will have the same effect and not look like a link.

I think you've done a great job - it keeps looking better and better - and don't get frustrated with my always having something new to do - I do the same to myself and it's an ongoing process. :)
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you again,

I will go away and make the changes suggested, I never get bored of making changes and taking advice, I want it to be as good as it can be and I have learnt so much from helpful people like yourself.

Regards Paul
                          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Right Beth all done hopefully now it is more se friendly, thanks again.

Paul
                            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Working...
                            X