I have win98 and I love it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have win98 and I love it!

I have decided to post this info because it may be of assistance to other new users of BlueVoda.

I'm using Windows 98 (if it ain't broken, don't fix it!).

When I installed and tried to run BlueVoda, it gave me an error message something along the lines of "missing xxxxx.dll". (I should have noted exactly what it was - silly me!) It just gave the message in a small window, then ended when message was acknowledged.

Then I installed Macromedia Dreamweaver and it informed me during the install that I must have the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) installed. (from MS Office).

I did this and then wondered whether it would have any effect on BlueVoda??????????? Upon trying BlueVoda again, voila, it ran without a problem.

Hope this has been helpful.

Re: Installing BlueVoda - Missing DLL file

BV will work fine with Windows 98. Good luck with your page.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

i had reinstalled ,
      then also its shows same message what should i do to install corectly in windows 98

Comment

I took your advise and downloaded MDAC form Microsoft, but it is still saying missing mfc42u.dll file. I downloaded this file from dll-files.com, but it was only suitable for NT. I checked the .dll files on my system, and I have the mfc42.dll file.

Please can someone advise why BlueVoda will not work on Windows 98

Comment

BlueVoda has been updated since those days--I don't think anyone has confirmed the latest version is compatible with Windows 98. The old version is no longer available or supported.
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thank you for your very quick response. I am sorry to hear that BlueVoda is no longer supported on Win98. I understand that win98 is an old operating system, but there are still many people out there who use it. I suppose it is time to upgrade. Shame though.

Comment

Yes BlueVoda does works on win98 (sometimes!, Don't ask us when...) win98 is 11 years old and even Microsoft does not support it any more...If you still have a PC with win98 on it....I don't know what to say...sorry mate.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X