OsC Advice Needed: php vs. Flash Templates + Intro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OsC Advice Needed: php vs. Flash Templates + Intro's

I am about to install OsC in the first of three accounts, and already have the Content, Merchandise, and most other Ops details ready to load.

I need to know whether from previous experience (with OsC yourself, or from technical aspects) whether I should commit to a "static" php Template, or opt to go with a Flash intro and dynamic features built into the template.

1. Are fears of visitor "load time" issues still a major consideration, or have we moved forward enough to implement a more "updated" and classier platform?

2. Are there any peculiar challenges to anticipate as I consider my ability to maintain, update, and administrate a standard OsC template site versus one that has Flash elements included?

3. Or am I totally backwards on this, having not understood that despite having a Flash "intro" the php template only mimics Flash, and will behave just like Soholaunch might?

I can see a difference (not just the price) between Premium Templates that state "Flash" and those that don't, apart from the selection of Flash Intros......
    Despite my BV-Earned "Rank" I am definitely not a computer savvy "coder" or completely confident on the learning curve when it comes to moving from Soho into OsC, and I would hate to think that soon after "playing it safe" I will realize "I wish I had..."

Please share all the juicy tidbits of wisdom you have collected!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Re: OsC Advice Needed: php vs. Flash Templates + Intro's

visitor load time is not a real issue (high speed internet 90%), I personally would go with the static template, but it all depends on.

1) What you like.
    2) What you find easier to work with.

I really can not answer your template question becuase I am not familiar
    with the template in question, some are easy, some are hard.

Do what you feel comforable with, the more control you have the better.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for your input, General!
      Again, you have reminded me that one of the most important reasons I enthusiastically came to VodaHost was for the singular support and enablement I found to "take control" of my online investments completely. I agree that beyond the "bells and whistles" it all comes down to be able to actually manage the technology, and that should be my main priority.

I am so very satisfied, and relieved to be able to face each day with renewed confidence - thanks to VodaHost.

Now....if only I can focus and be more productive, I would be a better example of how effective the Magic in VodaLand can truly be!

Comment

Vasili

Answer your email! NEVER keep a woman waiting! :)

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Vasilli, you have mail :)
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Sorry! I have been confirguring new laptops, and have yet to hook in with my main Outlook alias!

First thing Monday Morning, my friends....(thank you for looking out for me!).

Comment

Vasili...I'm trying to edit the oscommerce stylesheet so that it looks like my friends site and was wondering if you knew how to do this....
              (yes I have officially become the dumbest person in the world...true..check the guiness book and you'll see my mugshot there...lol)
              Beezz
              sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X