X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Gallery

I am using blue voda's gallery option to create a photo gallery

www.silver-maple.ca/campground_photos.html

I am wanting all of my pictures to basically take the same format as that page BUT when I go to publish it takes forever (26.4kps) and often fails to publish (that page took three days to publish!) and I am going to want to keep updating the pictures. Is there and easier way to do this? I dont ming using another gallery but I want to be able to fit it under my heading bar and at the side of my menu bar (I already get so many queries as to why my blog and my guestbook don't match the rest of my site!).

Also I have seen sites where you see the small images at the bottom of the page with one large image at the top and when you click on the smaller images they are displayed where the larger image was (Pleas say if you don't understand what i mean so that I can post a link so that you can see what I mean).

Thanks again you are all terrific and I owe my website to you all!!
    www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Re: Creating a Gallery

go into control panel and go to fantastico and in there is some great free gallery sofware that can be intergrated into your website and wont take forever to load good luck
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

I started using jalbum on the advice from folks around here ... and I am not finding any uploading problems at all and I upload 80 and more pics at once ... it's fast .... the albums are nice, good size thumbnails, a slide show is available, larger photos, and the great thing it resizes your photos at the same time eliminating doing this before hand .....

a sample is found here

http://www.halifaxwolverinesjra.com/soregistration/

you can find this in fantastico in your control panel

you download the program, on your computer you build the photo album on your computer and then you go to publish it, all within the jalbum.....

after making your jalbum and viewing it to make sure it is what you want go to the publish tab - fill in your IP address - leave port alone, put in your cpanel user name and password, web directory is - public_html
      remote directory is name of album i.e. album/mypictures
      and then upload

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
        I started using jalbum on the advice from folks around here ... and I am not finding any uploading problems at all and I upload 80 and more pics at once ... it's fast .... the albums are nice, good size thumbnails, a slide show is available, larger photos, and the great thing it resizes your photos at the same time eliminating doing this before hand .....

a sample is found here

http://www.halifaxwolverinesjra.com/soregistration/

you can find this in fantastico in your control panel

you download the program, on your computer you build the photo album on your computer and then you go to publish it, all within the jalbum.....

after making your jalbum and viewing it to make sure it is what you want go to the publish tab - fill in your IP address - leave port alone, put in your cpanel user name and password, web directory is - public_html
        remote directory is name of album i.e. album/mypictures
        and then upload
        Nice answer!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok, I couldn't find jalbum in Fantastico in the control panel, but I did download the program from their website. I like it and created an album.

I managed to upload to the ftp, now how do I get the Album onto my web page? The folder is in my public html and I want it to be on this link...

http://www.davidjsims.com/pics.html

The pics that are there now were done inside the BV program using the gallery tool. I am not real happy with the results of using it. I have lost pictures once and now I have broken links on my thumbs :(

The Jalbum thingy looks like a better way to go if someone can help me get it on my page lol!

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by dj rocker
            Ok, I couldn't find jalbum in Fantastico in the control panel, but I did download the program from their website. I like it and created an album.

I managed to upload to the ftp, now how do I get the Album onto my web page? The folder is in my public html and I want it to be on this link...

http://www.davidjsims.com/pics.html

The pics that are there now were done inside the BV program using the gallery tool. I am not real happy with the results of using it. I have lost pictures once and now I have broken links on my thumbs :(

The Jalbum thingy looks like a better way to go if someone can help me get it on my page lol!

Dave.

The jalbum is nice ... okay whatever you called your album when you made it is what you must include in your link for retrieving and viewing
            so if the album you made was called grapes .... then you must view and post the link as

www.davidjsims.com/grapes

you do not add html at the end ....

you publish this right in the album program itself

the ftp server is your web address i.e. www.davidjsim.com
            then your username and your password

your directory is public_html and your remote directory is the name of the album .... ie grapes

hope this helps!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
              Nice answer!!
              Hey Amanda

I learned from the best!! :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

er er er mine was better and simpler
                The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hey thanx LadyEye that does help, I followed the tutorial yesterday (Jalbum) and got the page to work by pasting the code suggested into an html thingy. I am still playing around with Ideas on how I want it to work.

I want to have different directories for different things, and haven't decided to just use different links or if I can put different sub directories into the same albulm.

Thanx for your help and for the quick response, much appreciated :)

Comment

Good stuff, glad to see you have it working, I use it for hockey games and every hockey game I create at least one new album, I use dates and who we played against as the directory name, it all goes up into public_html in their own folder, so keeps it tidy, so you could just do the same thing, individual albums with so many photos are always nicer instead of one very very large one, easier to look through and go and grab another ....

your site is great

just one thing I noticed on the fishing page, when you click here to go to the regulations, then you go to that page and if you close it you have lost your site ....

on the properties of inserting that link, perhaps set the target to _blank, this will open those regulations in another page and upon closing your site will still be there ......

Good Luck !!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

a couple of other programs that are free are - Porta and Web Album Generator both use thumbnails and larger pictures Porta does a slide show Web Album you have to click next to go to next photo - both easy to use. i've used all three -
                      Ann
                      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

LadyEye thanx again for the tips. I will set the links target to blank and see how that works. I have used "self" for everything so far and didn't realy know what the others did, so thank you you've answered a question I have pondered for a while.

asirimarco, thank you also I will check those out.

Comment

Working...
                        X