Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some opinions!

Hello everyone,

I'm in need of some opinions and/or some feedback for this new format I'm trying out.

I'm trying to create a site for me that is somewhat more personal than professional. My other site I'm trying to lean more towards the business side. This one is just going to be goofy and fun and maybe a little more media friendly.

This set up is funny because it's almost an exact *******tion of my desk at home. I was working one day and looked at my computer wondering if this might make a decent layout for a website. :)

But I'd like to see what you all think first.

New Layout!

First of all, just know that it's not done at ALL. I pretty much threw this all together just to get the idea across so people could at least see what it was about and throw some feedback my way.

The only links "Post-Its" that work right now are the Bio, Journal and Home ones. (I plan to leave them blank on the "Power on" and "Enter" screens). I was just testing them to see what worked. The bio is the same as my other site... I just copy/pasted. And my journal/blog thingie is just a copy/paste from my online blog. Just testing the look.

The site is designed to navigate so everything would pretty much show up on the monitor. I'm worried it might be too small??? But I would like to incorporate lots of selectable stuff on the "desk" and maybe something like clicking on a pencil to sign the guestbook... envelope to send e-mail. It's just an idea for now.

So, let me know. :) There's still a LOT of work that would need to be put into this but I wanted to get opinions before I go "all in" on this hand. I'm just hoping this has potential!

Thanks.
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: Need some opinions!

Nice idea, might want to think about having the actual page as the first page having to click twice to get the page with the frames on was a bit of putting i kept clicking each note pad on the first two pages and nothing, viewers have very small attention spans and will move on if they don't get anywhere. ( but if you are going to and links to those post its then ignore me )

Comment

Hi George,
      Brilliant concept! Would be nice to have the opening page with no scroll bars. Maybe raze the image of the screen & have smaller yellow post its around the screen, You might be able to get the screen & keyboard all on one screen?.
      Must admit I like this version the best http://www.georgehester.com/newhome.html with the blue screen.
      Not to sure if I would have the menu tool bars on the other screen shots. It’s a nice idea! But think it would look better without. The link above looks a lot cleaner.
      But I really like the style & feel so much, I may have to steal the idea for my next site.

Good luck

Chris.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think it looks fabulous! just like everything else you do...agree with the above tho, one click to enter on the first page ....first thing I did was to click on the sticky's to go to that page...but love it just the same
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

i absolutley love it good work george , the whiole idea is fun and simplistic and i wont go on about what works and doesnt etc as youve already said its no where near finished and is just a concept and i think the concept is fantastic, for some good ideas for things like the pencil go to vodahost front page and go to templates in there is some realy cool templates and there are some personal ones like yours and i think you will get some great ideas from there love the pencil idea too the things you could wiht this are endless so no dont worry about the screen size etc you could have some flash allements come in and out around the monitor maybe a fly flying for fun that kind of thing so easy to find if you look, any way good luck and have fun
          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thanks everyone...

After taking some suggestion, what about these edits?

How about I just take out the keyboard and mouse and put those "desk" items there in that place... hopefully to help eliminate the front-page scroll.

Yes, I just noticed that the post-its are a little larger than "scale". I can size those down easily. Maybe even make the monitor JUST a bit larger.

Flash?? Of course. :) I'm not very knowledgable with the flash stuff yet, but I hope to get going on that soon.

And yes... I guess I set up too many steps to get to the front (welcome) page. I want to set it up so there are glowing buttons on the "mouse over" but I didn't get to that much detail.

I'll wait for a few more opinions and then tonight/tomorrow I'll take another stab at it. Thanks. :)
            George
            www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Working...
            X