How do I delete pages from my website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I delete pages from my website

When I first build my website, which I am never going to be completely finished with, I used page names that I know longer use. I deleted them from my list on the Blue Voda FTP but they are still on my website if I use the old code I can still bring them up on the web. So they are still taking up space but have no links to them. How do I remove them from my site?

Larry www.yotrs.com

Re: How do I delete pages from my website

Hi,
    • Open c panel
    • Click on File manager
    • Click on the gold folder symbol of public_html (not the words)
    • Scroll down the list to find your page you want to delete.
    • Click on the file you wish to delete to open the url on the right of your screen.?
    • Double check it’s the page you want to delete by clicking on (File Url) on the right of the screen. (Will open in new screen)
    • If you’re happy this is the page? Go to the top right menu in c panel & press delete.
    • Will now be in the trash bin & not on view to the public any more.

Good luck

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Or simply connect with BlueFTP, select the pages, and press "Delete"
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval,s way is defiantly a lot quicker & sorry to butt in Naval.
        But make sure you have the right files & nothing else is highlighted. You will not get a second chance through FTP. The only reason I suggested the long way, is I accidentally deleted a whole directory/folder once & couldn’t get it back as it doesn’t go in the trash when using FTP. So I tend to take the long way round so if I do make a mistake i can get it back out the trash can.

Chris.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes, this is a very safer way. FTP is much faster but you ca't get back accidentally lost files. Thakyou Chris for reminding me than not all users have the confidentiality with FTP that i have.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X