PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete pages from my website

Lpoling8466
09-24-2006, 02:19 PM
When I first build my website, which I am never going to be completely finished with, I used page names that I know longer use. I deleted them from my list on the Blue Voda FTP but they are still on my website if I use the old code I can still bring them up on the web. So they are still taking up space but have no links to them. How do I remove them from my site?

Larry www.yotrs.com

Collectors-info
09-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Hi,

Open c panel
Click on File manager
Click on the gold folder symbol of public_html (not the words)
Scroll down the list to find your page you want to delete.
Click on the file you wish to delete to open the url on the right of your screen.?
Double check itís the page you want to delete by clicking on (File Url) on the right of the screen. (Will open in new screen)
If youíre happy this is the page? Go to the top right menu in c panel & press delete.
Will now be in the trash bin & not on view to the public any more.
Good luck

Chris.

navaldesign
09-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Or simply connect with BlueFTP, select the pages, and press "Delete"

Collectors-info
09-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Naval,s way is defiantly a lot quicker & sorry to butt in Naval.
But make sure you have the right files & nothing else is highlighted. You will not get a second chance through FTP. The only reason I suggested the long way, is I accidentally deleted a whole directory/folder once & couldnít get it back as it doesnít go in the trash when using FTP. So I tend to take the long way round so if I do make a mistake i can get it back out the trash can.

Chris.

navaldesign
09-25-2006, 05:00 AM
Yes, this is a very safer way. FTP is much faster but you ca't get back accidentally lost files. Thakyou Chris for reminding me than not all users have the confidentiality with FTP that i have.