Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Excel etc...

Hi,

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I am soon getting some time sensitive information that I need to put up on my site in it's original format. Some will be in excel and some in word.

How do I do this, or is there a vidio I can watch.

Please help A.S.A.P.

Thanks,
    Tom
    http://local1166.us

Re: Adding Excel etc...

You can upload ANY type of file on your site. However, it can only be visible on the browser, if the user has the required software installed on his computer. If he does, the program will open and the content will be the one of your file. You need to create a link from your page to the file.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Or..... in Excel or Word, save the document as a web page and then upload to the server. This will preserve the format and let them veiw it as a web page (without the need ot have Excel or MS Word on their computer.)

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

May also be worth viewing 1st. Click on file & drop down to web page preview. Might be my machine? But 1 or 2 files I have don’t show very well via the web.

Chris.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Chris-
          Good idea. I have saved a few Excel files this way and they seemed to convert well. One was a phone book. It had several tabs in it and each did ok. Haven't done it often with MS Word.

Cheers,

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks for the ideas folks, however, I couldn't get any to work. Besides, I never thought of those people that didn't have Office to view. I just did a bunch of copying/pasting.

All is good.
            Tom
            http://local1166.us

Comment

Working...
            X