Opinions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please?

Here is my website. Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

www.qualitygourmetcandles.com

Thank you!
    Phyllis O'Neill

Re: Opinions please?

Pretty good job, I like the Earn n' Burn, Fundraiser pages. the front page isn't centered, don't know it that matters to you and the word submission is off at the bottom.....I think you did a good job. Have fun!

Comment

Hi Phyllis! Candles and such are going to be huge this holiday season so it's good to get the site up! I kept looking for a linking mechanism back to your origiinal page from what must be the company pages. Now my back button worked just fine, but I have a habit of hitting that 'home' link to return to my starting point and that kept me inside the other site. Nice job though and kudos for taking you and your husband's health seriously. Keep after it and much success!

Poppi

Comment

Hi..

Nice work. I agree with the comment above.. Home page usually means the original page the site opened in. You might want to consider changing that home button into something like 'Global Page' or something like that. Apart from that, your website looks mighty fine.

Comment

Nice site,
          On your first page, bottom of page, text overlaps "submission" over grey area, and the image next to Natural Health doesn't show (red X).
          Consider slowing the marquee down a bit, even on a slow connection its fast.
          Good luck.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hey, thanks to all of you for your advice! Well, you might want to check it out again because I've COMPLETELY revamped my website!!!

Keep the advice coming please :)

www.qualitygourmetcandles.com
            Phyllis O'Neill

Comment

Hey, Phyllis... I looked over the first effort. This is the difference between day and night! It ROCKS! SUPER ZOWEEE! Nice layout. I didn't test every link, but those clicked worked with a smooth transition between the pages. I believe you are going to sell some candles!

Poppi

Comment

Cool looking page

Comment

I have pop-up blockers installed on my computers which mean I can't open any of your pages - and I do not remove them when people have their pages open in new windows instead of replacing the page within the site. Just a heads up - as there are lots like me out there who do not believe in doing that - and it still makes the top lists of no-no's in web design - although not as high up since people are now finding so many other things to do to annoy people :)

I do like the feel of your home page, but will admit that if I was looking to purchase candles, I'd look elsewhere - as the page is really geared to the business. I think you need the two to have separate pages - they can link to each other - but you need to have 2 "home" pages, in effect - which you really can do - the se's don't mind! Then you need to optimize the page. Your title and the page starts with the word 'welcome" - which no one will use to find what you are. Since retailing candles and starting a candle business are 2 different things - you really need to have different pages to optimize each.

You've got some other top no-no's on your home page by putting the banners on the bottom of the page that have nothing to do with what you want. Do you want to sell candles or candle resellers - or do you want to sell email lists? How many people who are looking for candles will want to buy email lists? In the same vein, I'd remove the banners from Voda from being so prominent - they have their place - but not taking away from what your main purpose is!

Your website is selling candles - in different manners - yet there is NO picture of a candle anywhere. People are very visual. I'd rather see candles down the side than the leaves. Same for the spot on the right - that is a great spot for a picture that represents what you are - and you are missing that.

People online want to find what they are looking for quickly. You really only have a couple seconds to keep someone on your website from when they click to the page. If it doesn't look like what they came for - say they were looking to buy candles - and they don't see anything quickly about buying them - they'll be gone.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

a hover for your menu would be nice ...
                    your site is not aligned in the center so its blank on the right side ...
                    check it using browsercam.com
                    :) Screen Capture
                    Check your website on any BROWSER, OS and at different RESOLUTION. Join in Forum for more info.

Comment

Nice work.
                      -on your home page, consider making your email address (far right top) a working link.
                      -might want to get rid of the underlining in your NavBar.
                      Bill
                      www.blueearthtea.com
                      www.ftaaconsulting.com
                      www.iaval.com
                      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Wow - thanks again for all the great advice and tips. Bethers, I never thought about all that :) But yes, now that you mentioned it, I DO need to take your advice ... well, goodness.. I DO have my work cut out for me today!! lol Thank you all though.. I really do appreciate it!!
                        Phyllis O'Neill

Comment

Hi Phyllis, I like your site and you are getting great advise here. You will get it and you are off to a great start.
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

I agree with top remark site looks good like the candles. :)
                            "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
                            X