I could use some opinions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use some opinions!!

Please take a look at my site, www.merryfieldrenovations.com I am still working on the services page, I have a ton of links and pages there. How does the site load on slower connections? Dont hold back, I would like honest opinions.

Re: I could use some opinions!!

Marty

I live over by Sedalia, If I give you a good review, do I get free services? :) Just kidding. You do need to optimize your pics, and your header is realllllllllly big. Last thing that loaded and it took me over three minutes. Im on dino dial cuz im out in the sticks.

Your home page, the text needs to be justified so you dont have those dangling words in the middle of the page which makes it annoying to read since its not a header or a title. I think you also need a little more detail as its a little vague about what kind of contractor you really are. Run some of your competitors thru the search engine and look at their sites and get some insight as to what you need to project to your audience.

Your about us is a resume, which is ok, but if you were applying for a job, how would you want it to read? Again, I think your text needs to be justified or left aligned with headers breaking up what I am looking at:
    Licenses:
    Qualifications:
    Education:
    References:
    Just makes it easier to read all around.

Your services PAGE i think is unnecessary, as personally I would put all that on my main page. I'd Have the menu going down the left or right categorized just like you have it there, and be linking to the pages from the text of the home page. This would make your whole site better optimized for the search engines as well, especially if thats your goal, and then what you do is all up front. If I am looking for a contractor, honestly, I am not going to spend my time rifling thru your pages to find out what you can do for me?

On your tools page, you need to make the links open in a new window, because this is as far as I got cuz when I clicked one, I ended up looking at Bob Villa, and when I closed it you were gone, never to be found again <sigh>

Ok, I think I gave you enough work. Im honestly not trying to be tough on you. You have the right ideas and a good start, but I want you to have not just a "good start" but a professional looking site to match the 'Professional" Image you want to present. Keep in mind you arent building a home page on myspace, but you are wanting to represent yourself in the business community and be accepted as a professional contractor and you want to project that image, is my feeling, or you wouldnt have taken the time to build what you have.

If you need help with any of this, please just ask, folks around here are pretty good with that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: I could use some opinions!!

Looks great!
      It comes up within 5sec on my hs connection but at the size
      of the page, I'm sure dial-ups are going to get a slow load since
      it appears to be well over 100 kb.

Karen has some good ideas on her response.
      Brad Arnold.......
      www.baldwincomusic.com
      www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
      !Free Search Engine Submission!
      Talking Avatar for your web site!
      Free sound editor
      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Working...
      X