X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mySQL database Tutorial???

Hi...

Is there anywhere that I could get a MySQL Tutorial, so that I could learn how to use it effectively?

Please reply...

Chris

Re: mySQL database Tutorial???

MySQL is such very large topic, click the below to learn how to create a database....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi again,

Thanks for your help... Could you explain - or give me a link that explains - how to use the database in BV?
      Say you want to easily update and add new information to your webpage, and the information always has the same fields. Like Address, Practise, Country, Phone Number and Name for example. All the information has to be displayed on the webpage. How could you use a database to do this?

Thank you,
      Chris

Comment

BV has nothing to do with the database. The database administration is made through your CP and the phpAdmin that comes with it.
        What you are looking for, is a web based interface script that would allow DB searching, and displaying the querry results. This is usually done with php in joint with a visual part (which can, if you have the knowledge to combine the two, be built in BV)

This is not a standard BV feature (i beleive it is not a feature of ANY sitebuilder) , but is one of the future projects i have. Building a BV intreface for administrating a DB. The project is a very complicated one, as it has to be completely parametric, in order to allow users to define what they want to visualize, how to do it, etc.

For the moment i beleive you can only look if someone (or you) can build a custom made script for your purposes.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval,

I understand what you are saying... thanks for your help.

Chris

Comment

I have been trying for hours to get this to work. All I want to do is create an opt in form. I am using php form generator. Seemed very easy until I tried to add the info to mySQL database. Obviously I need to maintain the opt in list, but cannot get the databse to work correctly. I have been to php forum, looked everywhere and this post was the closest I could find for an answer. When I fill out the final page in the form maker, I receive this: reply:

phpFormGenerator
            [ home ] [update] [support] [contact] quick links - project web
            - sourceforge
            - linux.com
            - php.net
            - mysql.com
            - apache.org