X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about ABVFP

Hi Naval,

It's me again....

I have just 1 question regarding the auto-responder... When the client recieves the auto-respond they can reply to it... Is there anyway to hide your e-mail address? So that the client can't reply to it... I want to have it so that the users can only contact me by filling out the form. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Chris

Re: Question about ABVFP

Hi c.mclean
    Would you know how to open up a php file without using my pictures or picture it 9?

Comment

Hi...

Not quite sure what you are asking... is it related to my question?

Chris

Comment

php files can be opened in Notepad. Please, DO NOT open the file if you don't knoe EXCACTLY what you are doing. Saving it accidentally, could corrupti t's content, and the script will not work when uploaded on your site.

Autoresponder: any sent mail, in ANY way (autoresponder or not) contains the sender information. You cannot hide it. You can however 1. Not include the From" email address in the mail headers (so they cannot simply click on "answer") 2. Enter a message in the autoresponder footer like "This is an autoresponder. Please do not reply to this message. Use our form in http://www.yourdomain.com/yourformpage.html"
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Oh... ok

This is related to the other thread.... you don't need to edit the php file. If you are using BV just upload it to your 'public_html' folder using the Blue Ftp Manager. Don't for get to upload the abvfp.php as well.... just follow the instruction that cam in the .zip file.

If you need to open the PHP file... just right click it and select 'open with' > 'choose program' > select 'notepad'.... then the important part is that if you change the .php file you HAVE TO go 'file' > 'save as...' > then change the bottom combobox to select 'all file types' and then save it under the same name - in the words, overwrite the file... and the php file would be changed

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
            php files can be opened in Notepad. Please, DO NOT open the file if you don't knoe EXCACTLY what you are doing. Saving it accidentally, could corruptit's content, and the script will not work when uploaded on your site.

Autoresponder: any sent mail, in ANY way (autoresponder or not) contains the sender information. You cannot hide it. You can however, enter a message in the autoresponder footer like "This is an autoresponder. Please do not reply to this message. Use our form"

Ok... thanks Naval... I'll do that. Otherwise, brilliant form processor.... really easy and effective....

Best Regards,
            Chris

Comment

I am having a similiar, but somewhat opposite problem. When ABVFP sends a confirmation email to my personal email account, which is in Hotmail, Hotmail thinks it is SPAM. Apparently, Hotmail thinks the email fails Sender ID and phishing tests. I have added both my domain name and the specific email address that is associated with the website to Hotmail's safe list, but Hotmail still thinks the email is SPAM. Is there a specific domain or email that I should be adding to my safe list other that my website's?
              Thanks,
              Rich
              www.zionsbranch.org

Comment

Actually "reply" to one of those emails after moving it from Spam to the Inbox. This will "activate" the address as both accepted and usable.

Doesn't matter if it bounces or not, the fact you first moved it physically from Spam to Inbox and then used it creates the protocol.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

So far, no luck. When I fill out the form, as if I was the website visitor, I put my wife's email in the visitors email field. When submitting the form, my wife gets a normal email confirming that the website received her information. The email that ABVFP is setup to send the form request to gets the blocked email. I open this blocked email, and it shows from my wife's email account as the sender. I did go ahead and reply to this email to try to set the protocol you talked about, but I was simply replying to my wife's email, which was already an allowed email address on my hotmail account. After sending the reply, I still got the same spam results in my email when receiving the form results. Any other ideas on what I might need to change?
                  Thanks,
                  Rich

Comment

This is not a problem of ABVFP but a problem with Hotmail (And Yahoo and Comcast...) filters.

Probably Hotmail sees an email address as sender, BUT it sees it coming form a server / domain name where this email address can not belong to.

If the email address that you are using to receive the mail is an external one, replace it with an email address that is within your own domain, so you can see if it works.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

When I set the field called "Your Email Address:" in ABVFP to the email associated with the website, and submit the form, I get an email at the website email that has in the header the following:

Subject: Mail failure - no recipient addressesFrom: "Mail Delivery System" <Mailer-Daemon@voda2.voda2.com>Date: Sun, October 26, 2008 12:07 amTo: zionsbr@voda2.voda2.comPriority: Normal

I am not really sure what is happening. I have a forwarder set to forward anything sent to the email address associated with the website to forward to my personal address at hotmail. I do get a email at my personal email, but it is blocked and I can manually open it.

The email address entered into the form (the one which would receive the confirming email), not also gets a blocked email which can be manually opened.

Does any of this make any sense? I am not really sure where to go from here.
                      Thanks,
                      Rich
                      www.zionsbranch.org

Comment

I have tried a few things...don't know if I am making progress, but at least the results are different. First, I turned off my forwarder from the website email to my personal email. This was simply to remove one layer of confusion. In ABFFP, within the Your autoresponder "From" field, I originally had just text, which was the church name. I updated this field to the website name (without the prefix), zionsbranch.org, like the help example. The site visitor's email now gets a mail that is not blocks, but I don;t really know where it is coming from. It is a autoresponder generic type message, which does not match the autoresponder text I have in ABVFP for this form. Plus, I have the autoresponder selection to NO...again trying to narrow down the source of the problem. My website email still gets an email that shows Subject: Mail failure - no recipient addressesFrom: "Mail Delivery System" <Mailer-Daemon@voda2.voda2.com>Date: Sun, October 26, 2008 12:07 amTo: zionsbr@voda2.voda2.comPriority: Normal. Any ideas on how my visitor email is getting an autoresponse with the autoresponder in ABVFP turned off? Any ideas on why my webmail is getting the Mail failure message?
                        Thanks,
                        Rich
                        www.zionsbranch.org

Comment

if you still get an autoresponder message, whilst ABVFP's autoresponder is set to OFF, it means that you have not disabled it in CP. First do so, then we can take it from there.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Hi George,
                            I followed you instruction and disabled the autoresponder in CP. I didn't realize it still worked with ABVFP handling the form. Currently, these are the results of my form:
                            1) The website viewer who submits their own Email address receives a confirmation email with the messages prepared in ABVFP.
                            2) The email associated with the website still gets an email, but the beginning of the email says:

A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no delivery could be attempted.

------ This is a copy of your message, including all the headers. ------

To:
                            Subject: New Submission from www.zionsbranch.org: Form Request 1
                            (the email continues with the information from the form.)

This is where I am confused. It would appear that this is a notification that an email sent through the email associated with the website was unsuccessful. I can read the message, but I would prefer it didn't show up looking like an error.

If I add a second email address in ABVFP to send the results of the form to both the website email and my personal email, the website email gets the same error type message and my personal email get a blocked email, which I can open and view. If I try to reply to this personal email, the reply to email address shows the email of the person submitting the form.

I would appreciate it if you have any further suggestions.
                            Thanks,
                            Rich

Comment

Working...
                            X