Can Soholaunch work within Bluevoda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Soholaunch work within Bluevoda?

Can you use soholauch to set up a ecommerce page within a bluevoda designed site? I read you have to reset site first to load soholaunch but if you do can you still work with Bluevode designed pages on the site after republishing them

Re: Can Soholaunch work within Bluevoda?

Yes, you can use BlueVoda to build the frontend of your website and have Soho as your backend eStore.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

I've been reading many of the posts trying to figure out how can I incorporate soholaunch as the backend to my website built using bluevoda...but I have not been able to find any clear answers to this question. Can somebody tell me step by step how I can use soholaunch as the backend for my bluevoda site? Do I publish my site with bluevoda first and then upload soholaunch somewhere in fantastico? Or do I first upload soholaunch in fantastico? Do I need to create a subdomain for soholaunch to upload? I'm so confused! Help!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jessica

Comment

I am now doing this connection where main domain is blue voda and 2nd domain is soho like what were termed here as blue voda as fronend and soho as backend.The problem is as advised by the technical support that I need to have the factory set up in my URL and I am waiting for the set up.We donot know many technical terms used, and its implication in the system to set up.

I experienced that without this so called reset up of our accounts, site 2 or what ever names and directory path be called where soho will be installed, will never show up. It can not be installed either. Please note that each account can only be installed with one soho script.It is not like those other script in c/panel and which can be installed by ourself using fantastico at any instance and number of time.

Without this reset up by the voda host company, soho cannot be installed and each time you click for site 2 or any other name it be, our first domain appear and display.I donot know If what I have said here is right, but this is what I incline to think so.

I was made to understand that we have to create public_html/site2 in c/panel.And I have created that but I have not had soho installed yet at this time I am writting. I will tell you more soon I shall have made this through.

lincoln
        www.xuankong-liufa.com
        www.xuankong-liufa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JessicaLauren
          Hi,

I've been reading many of the posts trying to figure out how can I incorporate soholaunch as the backend to my website built using bluevoda...but I have not been able to find any clear answers to this question. Can somebody tell me step by step how I can use soholaunch as the backend for my bluevoda site? Do I publish my site with bluevoda first and then upload soholaunch somewhere in fantastico? Or do I first upload soholaunch in fantastico? Do I need to create a subdomain for soholaunch to upload? I'm so confused! Help!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jessica
          1) Watch all the Soholaunch tutorial and make sure that you have a clear understanding of how it works.
          2) Do not install soho on your main domains directory, install it on another directory called /store or /shop or something like that.
          3) Plublish your BlueVVoda website as normal to your main directory. Whenever you need anything for soho, just provide a link to that particular page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi!
            I currently have my site, www.oldenburgandcompany.com designed in BV. It's published already. I want to do a shopping cart with the SohoLaunch. I see above that you said I could have my site with BV and then when I need something from Soho that I could provide a link to my SohoLaunch page for ordering. You stated that I should not install soho on my main domains directory, install it on another directory called /store or /shop or something like that. When downloading SohoLaunch, there is no place for me to pick where I want it installed. Am I missing something? Please help? I was one of some people who didn't understand that they were two different things otherwise I would have started with Soho right from the start.
            Thanks,
            Pam

Comment

Pam,

Are you using fantastico to install soho? Or downloading it and doing a manual install?

I believe, that first you go to cpanel and create the directory or domain that you want to install soho on, either as a sub or addon. I think an addon would be better, so you could give it its own domain etc.

Then when u click to install the soho, you tell it which folder to send it to, i think theres a browse option there too.. cant remember. I just do it auto and dont think about it.

On another note, you could make an addon domain, and install soho and then rebuild your storefront there as well, just copy and paste your text into the text editor etc etc. You would have to move your images etc to the soholoaunch image folder but that wouldnt be hard to do from control panel either. Since the BV pages are also on your hard drive you could reset and install soho in your main domain and then copy the text etc back up to soho.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen!
                Thanks for your help. Would you mind helping a bit more? I'm able to go to the cpanel and click on add on domain, but this is a bit confusing: New Domain Name:Username/directory/subdomain Name:Password:

My website is published now at www.oldenburgandcompany.com
                A new domain name? Do I need to buy another domain name for this to work? and the above Username/directory/subdomain name:...
                I'm not supposed to install it on the main public directory, right? And do I go into my FTP site and add another folder for the subdomain name? Sorry about all the questions. I thank you so much in advance for being willing to help me!
                Smiles,
                Pam

Comment

Yes, for an addon domain you will need a new domain name.
                  Follow the steps in the cpanel for the addon domain, it creates the folder for you! No ftp there.

Then you would install soho into that public html folder in the NEW domain name and then you would figure out what you want your passwords to soho etc to be. You dont want to install it in just the public html as that would over write what you have as the main domain.

You dont need to ftp anything to do this if you use fantastico to install soho to the new domain, just tell it in the drop down where you want it installed to, and make sure its the SINGLE version of your domain and not the newdomain/maindomain one

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks, Karen! I'll try that. Your patience and support is invaluable!
                    Smiles,
                    Pam

Comment

Hello this is mardan .. well i m confused i dont know where the hell to go ... i never introduced myslef here before bcoz .. i was working well. i did'nt need any help or anything ,but now i m stucked ... and i have no idea wht to do with this PHP thing .. i dont know nothing abt computer .. i always use it just to check my e-mails and i know how t0 read the news paper on it ... and thats about it .. i heared sumthin abt voda and i thought i shoud check it out by myslef if its really as easy as it looks like then i have sumthin better to do ... well i got into it .. and i learned how to deal with links .. hyperlinks .. text , images and etc ... and now i know how to work with these guyz .. but once i get to the PHP thing i get hopeless .. i just dont get it .. all i wanna know Is that possible to make another page that connects me to the other page where i can put some more details about whtever i m doin..

Comment

Mardan,

Yes.. You can do that and do whats called a hyperlink to the other page! You can even do this in soho only difference is your link will go to a page with a .php extension instead of an .html.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm just reading this - and I don't think Pam wants to have 2 domain names for her site. I think she meant to install Soho to have it be a sub of the original domain - which can be done -

I might be wrong though - wouldn't be the first time.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth

Ya she could make a folder in the main domain and install it there.. I didnt think about that because of the other threads intermixed in and the mention of SUB domain.

That would still stretch out that url, ie: www.yourdomain.com/store/whaterver.php?pr=home

Dunno Id want to do that either, unless he made all the category pages in bv as well.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Lost in soho haze help please

I had some blue voda experience just playing with it before I tried this place to host my website and when I signed up I installed soho launch with the fantastico button. I think Soholaunch is a bit too much for me still being a novice (and thats being generous) to all of this I don't really even understand alot of the forum answers instructions for it. So My question is. If you have Soho installed with fantastico and find blue voda easier can you uninstall soho and move it and just use blue voda to make your site and use another kind of shopping cart. Step by step instructions please if possible I don't no a sub domain or add on or any of it thats said on here yet so where to find what to do I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X