Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music on site

Hello
    I tried out some background music as a test on my site to see or rather hear if it would suit it. I kinda liked it but after navigating through the different pages it became anoying after hearing the particular song start up from the begining at each page and not playing through to the end. Is there any way to get the music to play without restarting at the begining of each navigated page? kenb

Re: Music on site

This is impossible, when someone goes from one page to another thay are loading a new page and everything on the new page starts over.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

O.k Just thought I would check it out for the future. Thanks.

Comment

Ken-
        Check this out;
        http://www.netisopen.com/computer/BGMT001/bgmusic.html

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

WoW
          Thanks Andy for that very usefull info.
          The only question I have is can I go beyond the pixel range specified in the note or am I limited to the 800 pixel range. The reason I ask is that pixel properties are growing as I have recently learned.

Comment

There are several schools of thought on that ken. Most people maintain
            the 800 width as it appeals to the highest percentage of peoples monitor settings viewing the net. Others bump it up one notch and go 900 or 1000. This will fit nicely on those monitors with a setting of 1024 X 768

Personally- for now, stay with the 800 width and you wont put off a lot of people with a sideways scroll.

Cheers,

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

If you want to have music, I recommend that you have a way for people to turn it off. If I have the sound on on my computer and a site comes up with music, I click off it if I don't see a way immediately to turn it off.

Yes, there are times I want sound - but not all the time - and the people surfing from work usually can't have the sound. (Most of my sales come from people surfing from work :) )
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Good to know for future potential sites. Beth you really seem to know where mistakes can be made to make or break a site. Thanks kenb

Comment

Working...
                X