Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing issues

Hi there

I have almost created my website (so I do know how to publish pages) but I have started updating and I went to update the fishing page.

www.silver-maple.ca/fishing.html

Now the most obvious detail between the two page is that the old page reads 'nine pickeral' and the new page reads 'fifteen pickeral' I mage the alterations i wanted and then published the page. It came up sucessfully published but went I checked it later it hadn't published. So I tried it again, again no update. I went into my file manager and deleted the orginal fishing page then re-published....It;s still showing the old page!! How is it doing this, why is it doing this and how can I correct it!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!
    www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Re: Publishing issues

Make sure you remember to save each page before publishing every time. That should do it.

Comment

Yep it has been saved tried that one still no joy.

Comment

It's ok it's suddenly righten itself (after fours days lol!!)

Happy camper again!

Comment

I strongly caution you to not use your FTP Manager (in cPanel) nor BlueFTP for any type of "administrative" file management until you are throughly familiar and have demonstrated proficiency using Blue Voda and/or other 'utilities' available with your VodaHost account.
          It is common for well-intentioned efforts to go astray very quickly, as mis-use of tools and mis-understood processes are prevalent in VodaLand!

Always use the Publish feature in BV, not FTP, and I doubt that you have any amount of "dead" pages in your root directory that would ever be of concern to be taking up too much space.....so why then the urge to use FTP to "clean up" your account? Leave it for the end of the project...
          This is exactly how and why many of our peers inadvertantly delete proprietary files and folders, the only recourse left to have the entire account reset.

Like KenB suggested above, remember to SAVE every page created in BV prior to publishing, Publish BV created pages using the Publish Tool in BV, and to lock up your expertise using BV so you begin to not only feel comfortable with it, but begin to understand the repetitive logistics of website building, an understanding which will prove to be critical to confident progress using other utilities....

PS: Try to remember to "refresh your browser" after publishing anew...to properly load the new page version!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X