Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble accessing Adv.BV Form Processor Zip Files

Hi:
    Just read through your tutorial on ABVFP. Went to download the zip files. I created a folder, BVFORMS under Blue Voda on my computer. The zip file downloads, but when I go to open it with WinZip, I get the following error message:
    Can not open file. It does not appear to be a valid archive.

What does this mean? How do I access these files? I read through some other posts on this forum but didn't see a solution. One post mentioned a different/ or updated script.

All I want to do is add a couple of lines of code for option buttons. I used your tutorial for uploading files form, but just need to tweak it a bit.
    Need assistance.

Dween Bean

Re: Trouble accessing Adv.BV Form Processor Zip Files

Hi... Below is a post that was in the "ABVFP" thread. I suggest you do what Naval suggests...
    I thin it might solve your problem.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ram_Industries
    Naval:

I understand that you spent alot of time in creating this explanation of how to set up ABVF......

I saved the zip file and tried to open it but received the following error code....

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error....

The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.

Do you have a different link to access this zip file?

I saved to Hard Drive but unable to open the zipped file.

Ram_Industries
    Robert Montgomery

Naval said:
    "Hi, the zip is ok, i just checked it. The problem has to do with your browser: indeed, if an attempt has been made to download the zip and failed for any reason, or if you had already downloaded it, and now you are trying to download the new version, your browser looks at the temp internet files folder (on your computer) and finds the old (or part of it) zip. To solve the problem, in IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, and in the General section, in the second paragraph, "Temporary Internet Files", click on "Delete files" . This will delete traces of the old (or failed) files and will allow you to download the zip correctly."

Comment

Thankyou!
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by c.mclean
        Hi... Below is a post that was in the "ABVFP" thread. I suggest you do what Naval suggests...
        I thin it might solve your problem.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ram_Industries
        Naval:

I understand that you spent alot of time in creating this explanation of how to set up ABVF......

I saved the zip file and tried to open it but received the following error code....

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error....

The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.

Do you have a different link to access this zip file?

I saved to Hard Drive but unable to open the zipped file.

Ram_Industries
        Robert Montgomery

Naval said:
        "Hi, the zip is ok, i just checked it. The problem has to do with your browser: indeed, if an attempt has been made to download the zip and failed for any reason, or if you had already downloaded it, and now you are trying to download the new version, your browser looks at the temp internet files folder (on your computer) and finds the old (or part of it) zip. To solve the problem, in IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, and in the General section, in the second paragraph, "Temporary Internet Files", click on "Delete files" . This will delete traces of the old (or failed) files and will allow you to download the zip correctly."
        Hi C McLean and Naval:
        I followed what you said, and went into IE, tools, options, general section and selected "delete files" from Temp. Internet files. When prompted to write over existing BVForms files when downloading, I said: yes. I got the same error message AGAIN. What's next? I did notice this time that I actually saw the little graphic of files transferring, with the byte amount etc. that I didn't see the first time. So, I guess it's your turn now,

Dween Bean

Comment

Hi...

Ok... go through that process again... delete the ABVFP.zip file... then download the file from this address http://www.naturaltherapynetwork.net/BVFORMS123.zip

You should be able to open it then... if not I think something might be wrong with your winzip... then you should uninstall it... and re-install it again...

Good luck,
          Chris

Comment

Hi C McLean and Naval:
            Tried your link(McLean) and downloaded zip, BVForm123. It didn't make a difference. Winzip would not extract them. Turns out the Zip files were corrupted and I had to download repair software to be able to unzip these files. After reading the form file instructions it looks as if adding radio buttons and naming them accurately is no big deal and no extra code is needed. Am I correct? If so, then all of this hazzle was for naught.

Dween Bean

Comment

Radio Buttons are just another field type, the only difference (in the info sent) is that you don't have to type anything, you just select one of the predifined values. The same goes with check boxes.

But what i don't understand is the use you want to do of the ABVFP. This is a multi featured script, that allows all types of form fields to be processed correctly, provides validation, required fields, it has security features built in, autoresponder, multiupload, and NO HAND CODING, just a user interface that allows you to setup any form. There is NO OTHER NON COMMERCIAL SCRIPT that i know of, that will provide you with such features. I can't see the meaning of "then all of this hazzle was for naught". Especially when, as i see in your post regarding your form, you DO need it for the multiple upload.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                X