Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is publishing nessecary?

Hi,

I was wondering if I could publish, lets say 10 pages into a specific folder. And then copy all the files into another folder... this would save me the time of re-publishing the same pages over and over again...
    Would that be possible?

Thank you,
    Chris

Re: Is publishing nessecary?

Yes, you can do that, but you may have problems with the links. if the links are reffering to one of the folders, when the pages get moved to the other folder the links will not work
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks Naval... but I am not 100% sure what you mean... what are the links that might not work? The links that link to the pages - or - the links that are on the page that I move?
      All-in-all, the links can be fixed by changing the links, right?

Chris

Comment

Correct, you will have to change them to take into account the fact that they are in a different folder. However, i'm not sure i have understood the purpose of this procedure. What's the need for this copy ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi...

I am using the code you gave me earlier... the code that uses a form to re-direct the user to a page. Now, what I am going to do is have 2 options eg. NearCity and Shop... what i want to copy is all the shop html files to each and every NearCity... It would take me forever to publish each one... I don't think that there will be a problem with the links... because I am going to use the code you gave me, so it is automatic. Is that right?

Thanks,
          Chris

Comment

Correct: use this method: publish the pages. Download the html pages in a virgin folder on your computer, together with all the gifs created by BV as well as the images (other than bvxxxxx.gif). Now, using BlueFTP, create the new folders, and upload in each folder, all the previous files and images. Make sure the action of the submit form is set to the complete URL of the php script.
            Navaldesign

Comment

hi,

Ok, I understand... I will give it a shot and let you know the outcome... It should take a few dys though... got create the different webpages first...

Thanks Naval,
              Chris

Comment

Ok Chris, waiting for the results.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi...

I have a quick question... if i needed to update one of the pages that I copied, would I just do it normally? Like go into the page on BV and publish it over the old page?

chris

Comment

Yes, you simply update the page in BV and publish it on it's folder. If you make any Image adding, the new image will also be uploaded. Then, again, download the page html as well as the new image (s) and upload them directly from your computer to the rest of the folders, so all similar pages in all cities's folders will be updated also
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X