• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigations and main menus

Hallo

I live in Brisbane Australia and currently building the website:
    www.consciouslifeskills.com

I was wondering if someone could provide me with advice on the following:

In the navigation bar for the site, I would like to add a sliding menu to one of the buttons, called Services. I tried doing the sliding using the Main menu approach but couldn't anchor it to the Services button. In the end, I simply did away with a site navigation and used a Main Menu for the whole of the site. But this means, it seems to me, that I then edit this on every main page. Whereas, with the site navigation bar, one edit seemed to work globally.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to do a site navigation bar with a sliding menu from one of the buttons? If so, how do I anchor it to the particular bar on the nav menu?

2. Is there a way to edit the sliding Main menu I currently have, so that if I make one change, it reflects globally in all places where it is on the site? What I did do was just copy and paste the original on each page, but that's going to be a real pain when I want to update the Main menu. I don't want tohave to touch each location where it's found.

The website tutorials did not help me at all with this matter, beyond showing me how to create a site nav bar, and how to create amain menu. There was nothing linking the two.

Thank you
    Frances (alias Brissie$@) (which I'll have to change, if I can, but being new to the forum, will work that one out later)

Re: Navigations and main menus

Hi, I have been using this one on my site posted by Naval, Takes a few seconds to get your head around it, but works well for all things universal on all pages. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...r-i-frame.html
    The only thing i couldn’t get to work! Was if you have an iframe underneath with a form on it. It seemed to mask the form fields. I set up 3 templates for my site & it will have many pages eventually, so this way means I only have to update 1 to 3 menus each time there is a global change. The top & left hand menu on my site is done this way www.collectors-info.com

Good luck

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
    X