X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum posts on Yahoo?

Hello
    When I tried to find my site on Yahoo, I punched up http://lightningcycles.ca because it seems impossible to use key words related to my site and get any results so I punched the exact URL and to my surprise I was shown two different posts related to past issues in the forum. Now I thought that this forum was for Blue Voda subscribers only and not up for viewing to the rest of the public. Now if the can show my posts and not my site even after plugging the exact URL whats going on here. Can I contact Yahoo and ask them to remove those posts and alow my site to be presented or will this just set me back in the future. One more question, If I were to get Yahoo shopping cart on my site would I receive better indexing related to my business?

Re: Forum discussion on Yahoo

Just like you hope one day Yahoo will index your entire site, Yahoo has indexed our entire site, this forum is part of our site. Anything you put anywhere on the internet will get indexed by search engines sooner or later.

Can I contact Yahoo and ask them to remove those posts and alow my site to be presented or will this just set me back in the future.
    This is probably the worst thing you can do, first of all Yahoo will not do it, You have no right to remove other peoples (VodaHost's) web pages from search engines. Secondly this would kill what little indexing you already have. This forum is in all the global search engines, Yahoo only indexed you and gave you any attention in the first place because of this forum. What you have now with yahoo is the first step of being indexed, give it time.

If I were to get Yahoo shopping cart on my site would I receive better indexing related to my business?
    It would not make any diffrence.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Forum posts on Yahoo?

Originally posted by kenb
      Hello
      I thought I posted a thread yesterday on this topic but I can't seem to locate it now. Anyway, I was checking to see if my site had been indexed on Yahoo so I entered the full URL of my site and to my surprise I didnt get my site but instead was give two posts from earlier this month related to topics within this forum. I'm not sure why this is happening as I was under the impression that this was a closed forum but there they were, no site to check out just my lack of knowledge about web building for the whole world to see. My question now is can I contact Yahoo to remove them as I would like to use Yahoo shopping soon for my site or will this just set me back. And how can I prevent my conversations with you guys from being accessed through Yahoo search engine. Thanks kenb
      Hi Ken.

This is not a closed forum. Every single post on this forum is indexed by the search engines. And for us, that's a good thing. That's why we include a link to our sites in our signatures. It helps us all. You cannot get them removed because they aren't yours. This site gets spidered by bots thousands of times a day. It is especially optimised to do so. The only thing I can suggest is that if you don't like being out there then don't post, but I really wouldn't worry. You are in excellent company - all our questions are out there too and they help thousands of other people. I would recommend that you embrace it, add your link to your signature and make it work for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Amanda ?

alternatively couldn't he just not have his website at the bottom of his post thereby never linking his posts to his website???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hmm I guess that is a good thing. I had better watch my Ps & Qs as the whole world is watching what I am saying. kenb

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
            Amanda ?

alternatively couldn't he just not have his website at the bottom of his post thereby never linking his posts to his website???
            Hi, LadyEye! Yes he certainly could do that and as long as he doesn't put any info into his personal profile then he'd remain pretty anonymous. But he be wasting a great opportunity to get his site name out there and on the SE's. Even my sites that are only six months old have a page rank of 3 and 4 - I atribute much of that to my posts on this forum getting spidered and indexed.

I love your signature, btw! LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Actually, you are being done a service by these posts - as they are links BACK to your site - and that is what se's WANT to see. Having these links will not hurt you - they will help you.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Forum discussion on Yahoo

Ken,

Just for the record. Ive never once submitted to Yahoo, and I get listed very favorably in their search results. I dont have their shopping cart, nor did I pay to be listed on yahoo stores, or whatever it is these days since the merger of o*****re. My biggest SE referrer is Yahoo, followed by MSN, followed by google, and then variations of all the rest.

Yahoo and MSN seem to pay more attention to KEY WORD DENSITY than Google does, and Ive found they will list you much sooner than Google as well.

Hope this helps with any confusion.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                  Hi, LadyEye! Yes he certainly could do that and as long as he doesn't put any info into his personal profile then he'd remain pretty anonymous. But he be wasting a great opportunity to get his site name out there and on the SE's. Even my sites that are only six months old have a page rank of 3 and 4 - I atribute much of that to my posts on this forum getting spidered and indexed.

I love your signature, btw! LOL
                  Agree with that Amanda, and he is in the business of wanting to get his site noticed etc., I fortunately with my site really do not need to worry about that, not really selling anything and it's linked to alot of different hockey sites, quite different for me, now whenever I can get my new domain I will definitely be seeking those keywords, searches, ratings, etc., to promote what it is my new site will be ..... just waiting for that big sale so I can buy about three of them ..... :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X