Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to get a Powerpoint Presentation on the site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to get a Powerpoint Presentation on the site?

I have a powerpoint presentation that I really need to get on my website, is this something I'm going to have to copy and paste onto pages used by a created "link" from another page or is this something I can create a link for and have it just pull up the presentation?

I'm assuming just incase people don't have POWERPOINT, i need to somehow get this onto my page as a "web page" but not sure how to do this and if it will come out right or even how to ASSURE it will come out ok??

Any info on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Katie
    www.haydell.com

Re: Is there any way to get a Powerpoint Presentation on the site?

Hello Katie - Kate here!
    I about a month ago tried the same. I have a wonderful powerpoint presentation and wanted to share with others. But I found a whole issue with trying to get that to happen...What I and another VH member did was to change the PP file. I dont remember what kind of file he changed it to, I can ask if you want to know...all I know is that for me is was a terrific job and I found it not worth it...
    sorry I cant help more.

Comment

Oh gosh .... no thank you, not if it's that big of a job when I am not quite sure what I'm doing anyway .... what I'll do is take the "words" off the pp and input them into an additional page or something so that people can see it from there. I'll have to make a "go" menu or something or some kind of "button" to put there to link it to the new page I do or something like that, gosh I don't even know where to start on trying to add 7 MORE PAGES just to include my pp presentation???

Thanks for trying and telling me this, I appreciate it.

Katie

Comment

lol page one!...thats where to start...
        all joking aside..I dont know what it is you want to add. Mine was a series of photos with music and it was very difficult..If what you have is all text then why cant you copy that to a msword program. or some kind of txt file...copy and paste is sooooo much simpler than copying it all...
        is there a way to send me the pp file? so I can have a visual of what your tying to do?

Comment

one of the big guns talked me through it a while back - but dont remember how i did it - run powerpoint through the search button and maybe it will come up. it worked great - (i took it off my site as the one i used didnt pertain to the site - just wanted to see if it would work)
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

I found the one i tried out it is at http://www.movingon1.com/csfsa.html after saving the PP as a .pps it just had to be uploaded with BlueFTP and put in an Iframe to view -
            Ann
            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
            X