Just tried to hyperlink text ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tried to hyperlink text ....

and for some reason, after I published it and went to the site to click on that link I created "Nitrotherm ROI for Customers" .... it would NOT allow me to click on anything?? What went wrong here? Right where it said "browse for a file" I put in my excel saved for web file -- it was the only place TO put that file in to link it up to the words, and now it won't work??

Is there something that I did wrong or that I need to do? I want it on my "services" page at the top left and I want to be able to have people "click" on those words (specified above) and be able to pull up the page I created in excel (I resaved as FOR WEB) and I also did the drop down where it said "blank" so it would pull up it's OWN blank new page (THE ONE I CREATED IN EXCEL FOR WEB) and left it on HTML and everything. There's a "TARGET" line that is blank, watched the video three times and followed it to a tee.

Thanks for anyone that can help with this issue.

Katie

Re: Just tried to hyperlink text ....

Please provide the URL so we can have a look.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, I'm guessing you need to write the html in an a href statement to do this - as it sounds like you can't use the BV link to do so - but would like to see it - am just guessing now.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

the url is
        www.haydell.com

I actually typed this after my name the first time I posted it, but it must not have "showed up" on my post, I'm sorry ...... here's the url so you can see what I'm talking about ---

Thanks
        Katie

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
          Yes, I'm guessing you need to write the html in an a href statement to do this - as it sounds like you can't use the BV link to do so - but would like to see it - am just guessing now.

I don't know HOW to write an html into a href statement?? Is this the only way I can get my link to do what it's supposed to? I'm thinking it was just the way I linked it up - where in the video it stated to use your "url name" as the first blank, I had to use the file that I made because there's NO OTHER PLACE to put the file itself to have the link POINT to that file??? There are other choices on setting up the link that I had to just "choose" and I'm thinking maybe one of those are wrong??

Gosh, I don't know - but I have to make a bunch of links on my page and if I can't get even ONE to work, I'm not sure what I'm going to do??

katie

Comment

Ok, the link is there but you have linked it to the local (on your computer) file. Indeed it is:
            http://www.haydell.com/Documents and...I Analysis.htm

You need to do the following:
            1. Rename the file "Client Based Nitrotherm ROI Analysis.htm" so that it contains no blank spaces. Use underscores. Make it f.e. "Client_Based_Nitrotherm_ROI_Analysis.htm"
            2. Upload this renamed file on your site, using FTP
            3. Correct the link to be : http://www.haydell.com/client_Based_...I_Analysis.htm

and everything will work.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

oh no, is that what I have to do for EACH LINK that I make? Why didn't it say that or go over that in the video, that you have to use that FTP to get things to link up??

I don't know how to use FTP, I thought this was easy just like the video said??

I'll try to figure out a way, this is not what I thought it would be or what the video taught unfortunately ---

Any other way to do this or any advice on using FTP to get links on your site? Is there any way to get links to work by following that video like it makes it look easy you just type in information and boom, it's done??

Thanks --
              Katie

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Ok, the link is there but you have linked it to the local (on your computer) file. Indeed it is:
                http://www.haydell.com/Documents and...I Analysis.htm

You need to do the following:
                1. Rename the file "Client Based Nitrotherm ROI Analysis.htm" so that it contains no blank spaces. Use underscores. Make it f.e. "Client_Based_Nitrotherm_ROI_Analysis.htm"
                2. Upload this renamed file on your site, using FTP
                3. Correct the link to be : http://www.haydell.com/client_Based_...I_Analysis.htm

and everything will work.

Just tried and did everything word for word here and it STILL won't work. I can't get a simple excel spreadsheet to link up on this site. I did everything here ..... and problem is, I have MORE that I need to create links for so if THIS isn't working right - and I've watched tutorials on HYPERLINKING and FTP -- what am I to do?

Can someone direct me properly here. I need to get the link that says "Nitrotherm Customer ROI - Click Here!" -- to work so that when you CLICK on it, it shows the Excel spreadsheet. I left off here where NavalDesign has me .... what should I do next now that THAT doesn't work?

Thanks --
                KatieC

www.haydell.com

Comment

Working...
                X