Anyone familiar with LinkShare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with LinkShare?

I was listening to the National News and saw a commercial for free popcorn ..lol...I know, silly but I do have a specialty foods blog and was curious to see if that might fit in..well it did with flying colors! But then while there they also have an affiliate program that Im trying to figure out...and Im wondering if anyone else has heard or had any experience with this program

Re: Anyone familiar with LinkShare?

Very familiar with LinkShare....and Commission Junction, BeFree, SharASale, and others.

I personally recommend Commission Junction, BeFree, and LinkShare as the top 3 affiliate networks to deal with - in that order!
    Be careful about some of the terms with LinkShare: the payouts are all stipulated with each vendor, and some have rather oddly high thresholds (like $40-$100 before they pay you). Commission Junction and BeFree are paying publishers on behalf of vendors, and pay as soon as your combined total is $25 or more. This can be important to someone new to affiliate marketing, as it's easier to see some money quickly: LinkShare is notorious for allowing vendors to terminate new publishers due to lagging sales before they reach thresholds....and keeping the money.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I got involved with linkshare when I got a merchant account, way back when, and they do a pretty good job of screening who they recommend. Its not a free for all join up thing to offer your program, I think even for the affiliates i joined i had to be approved.

Commission Junction was pretty confusing for me and had too many choices to make for my tastes, but if you are successful with it, more power to ya!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks Vasili and Karen...I appreciate your thoughts...I did a long time ago look at commission junction myself and found the same confusion...this one I tripped over and decided to try...so far Ive not done enough with it..seems there is always something distracting me..lol...normal..hehe..
        Ill let ya know...

Comment

am personally promoting merchants from linkshare program. have you joined yet, may be you may consider joining now because its free to join and the potential to grow your income are enormous depending on your own efforts.
          check out my site and over 90% of those merchants am promoting are from linkshare.

Comment

am personally promoting merchants from linkshare program. have you joined yet, may be you may consider joining now because its free to join and the potential to grow your income are enormous depending on your own efforts.
            check out my site and over 90% of those merchants am promoting are from linkshare.
            Yes it looks like one of hundreds of affiliate products you are promoting on your site. This site is not about spamming and promoting things, its about helping people.
            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by karel
              Yes it looks like one of hundreds of affiliate products you are promoting on your site. This site is not about spamming and promoting things, its about helping people.
              Paul,
              Which site are you talking about? Yours? The cristinea.ws site? Mine? Whaa? LOL

The link left in the post above yours is a valiant attempt to present an affiliate site, but even the coding is off.....(I am guessing it was hand-coded in Dreamweaver, but you can even see code above the banner field, a whole lot of mis-alignments, etc.).

If you meant that this "christinea.ws" site is about "helping people" I would tend to disagree: it appears to be just another site trying to take advantage of online shoppers, with little composition or development throughout.

If, on the other hand, you meant VodaTalk was about helping people, then I agree 100% and hope that this person finds the inspiration to progress unfettered!

Apparently, the information posted in reply to Kassi59 went unnoticed....

Comment

Paul,

The link left in the post above yours is a valiant attempt to present an affiliate site, but even the coding is off.....(I am guessing it was hand-coded in Dreamweaver, but you can even see code above the banner field, a whole lot of mis-alignments, etc.).

If you meant that this "christinea.ws" site is about "helping people" I would tend to disagree: it appears to be just another site trying to take advantage of online shoppers, with little composition or development throughout.

If, on the other hand, you meant VodaTalk was about helping people, then I agree 100% and hope that this person finds the inspiration to progress unfettered!

The statement was not aimed at you Vasalli, there is nothing wrong with having affiliate products on your website, if the site is well presented and you actually gets visitors, you may do quite well.

What I hate is people building sites with no information whatsoever apart from filling it with affiliate products, getting no visitors, so then they have the bright idea to register with tons of forums and spam them to death, promoting on the whole, a load of rubbish, these seems to have happened a lot in the last week, so I decided to hit back I suppose.

Now I did read your post and you did what I would expect you to do, which is answer in a constructive manner and with an unbias view. There are some decent products out there, but do you think people who spam forums care if its good or not? Nope!

This is the best forum going and trust me I have been on a few. Forgive me but I like to keep it as it is and don't want people coming on and hijacking post after post telling us how good something is because some fool has told them to register with 100 forums and spam them all to promote their product...."You will make a fortune they will cry"

No you wont as your post will be ignored/deleted, what you will do is get up Karels nose.

So sorry Kassi for my outburst, it was nothing to do with the original question or any reply but the one I highlighted.

O.k off to clam down now..........Glass of port should do it.

Paul
                www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

There, there, Good Buddy! Have a tall one....put your feet up!

Your contributions to VodaTalk are truly appreciated, and have all been wise perspectives that widen the understanding of many of your peers.
                  You need to feel free to continue as you have!

This forum suffers an abnormal amount to "spam" and abusive posts, due to it's popularity on the web itself: seeding links in VodaTalk has a definitive SE-metric benefit, and that is why I am happy to welcome you aboard the VTASET: VodaTalk Anti-Spam Enforcement Team. Originally, we simply fed them to Aliens Anonymous to gobble up, but since he's been away lately, we have been piling them up around back..........are they starting to smell, you think??

LOL

Comment

Glad to be a member of the VTASET Sir.....

www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                      Paul,

the Site you re talking about happens to be my site, and am proud of what am doing, because thats what i want to do , i dont understand why you have picked on it, coz like anybody else i got here trying to find information about a program i was involved in through the search engine, and the only way i could post is by registering here. indeed i have come throught this nasty comment on the search engine while trying to find some information on my site. am very upset by your nasty comments. i dont need to be on this forum,

Comment

Vasilli
                        have i tired to promote someting to you? have i PM anybody on this forum? as a member of this forum dont i have the right to use my URl in my signature like everybody else is doing? or dont i have right to comment on something am well conversant about? why have you picked on my site?

Comment

Originally posted by vodahost247
                          Vasilli
                          have i tired to promote someting to you? have i PM anybody on this forum? as a member of this forum dont i have the right to use my URl in my signature like everybody else is doing? or dont i have right to comment on something am well conversant about? why have you picked on my site?
                          You are not permitted to promote third party Items or third party affiliate programs on this forum. Please click the below to review the rules...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                          X