Page publish problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page publish problems

My username and or password are rejected when I try to publish. Support tells me it is okay and correct from their end. I have been over every detail of naming, saving, and listing URLs. At this point I am a bit confused especially wether I add the .html at the end of each page in the properties or not. I have tried it both ways still with the same rejection. What is going on?
    www.dabsoflight.com

For fine pixel art and photos
    pixelpainter@verizon.net

Re: Page publish problems

Originally posted by PixelPainter
    My username and or password are rejected when I try to publish. Support tells me it is okay and correct from their end. I have been over every detail of naming, saving, and listing URLs. At this point I am a bit confused especially wether I add the .html at the end of each page in the properties or not. I have tried it both ways still with the same rejection. What is going on?
    Hi PP.

Okay when you save your pages you do not add any extension. The extension is automatically added by BlueVoda when you publish.

When you say 'rejection' - are you getting an error message? If so, please tell us what error message you are getting.

Sorry, if this is tedious, but these basic things need to be excluded. Are you:

publishing to the correct IP address (as detailed in your welcome email);

making sure your login and password (as detailed in your welcome email) are typed using lower case characters only;

publishing to: public_html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, girlonthehill,
      I have done all you suggest. the exact verbatim error message is as follows: "The request to connect and log onto the FTP server could not be completed because the supplied pass word is incorrect. I have verified that it is correct but nothing I try works so far. I am very puzzled. The spelling is correct according to my login information for both. My domain name is, dabsoflight.com. my VHID is: 10247
      www.dabsoflight.com

For fine pixel art and photos
      pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Copy and paste the username and password directly from the welcome mail. Sometimes, an I (uppercase i ) is confused for a l (lowercase L) especially if the font in your welcome mail is Arial.(as i have used here)

Also make sure that there are no blankspaces after your username and/or password. A blank space affects the info passed over to the server.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X