2 Websites - (Naming both index)???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Websites - (Naming both index)???

Help please! And, trust me when I say, I WILL need the answer S-P-E-L-L-E-D out completely! lol

I have 2 websites through VodaHost. The first website works fine! I MADE THE MISTAKE of naming index on my 2nd site ... indexsmsb .. so that I (personally) would be able to tell them apart. (Mistake, I know.)

Now, when I go try to RENAME indexsmsb to index, it says that "index already exists ... do you want to replace ... ? blah blah blah ... I'm afraid to say YES because I don't want it to replace my index page on my first website that is working fine!!!

Did this make sense at all???? I hope so!! Thanks for any help you can give me!!
    Phyllis O'Neill

Re: 2 Websites - (Naming both index)???

You have to name your home page index.
    But, for the second site when you publish, publish to public__html/secondsitename instead of just public_html
    And, keep your second site files in a seperate place so you won't get confused.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich
      You have to name your home page index.
      But, for the second site when you publish, publish to public__html/secondsitename instead of just public_html
      And, keep your second site files in a seperate place so you won't get confused.
      Ok, I tried that and it gives me an Error: 550 (no such directory exisits...) Do I have to do something in my cpanel first? If so, what?? How??
      Phyllis O'Neill

Comment

Darn it, Phyllis, and I was so proud of myself to come up with an answer..
        WHen this happened to me, I reread the tutorial and came up with answer I gave you and it worked.
        So I don't have another solution.
        If you wait just alittle bit I am certain some one will give you an explanation and a way to fix it..
        Meanwhile I suggest read all related threads (do a search on the topic) and re-read all related tutorials. You may find the answer there.
        Good luck. Sorry I couldn't solve it..
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by larazovich
          Darn it, Phyllis, and I was so proud of myself to come up with an answer..
          WHen this happened to me, I reread the tutorial and came up with answer I gave you and it worked.
          So I don't have another solution.
          If you wait just alittle bit I am certain some one will give you an explanation and a way to fix it..
          Meanwhile I suggest read all related threads (do a search on the topic) and re-read all related tutorials. You may find the answer there.
          Good luck. Sorry I couldn't solve it..
          Hey, I appreciate your help! I actually DID figure out how to save my pages (for my 2nd website) into a new folder and was able to name the index correctly!! That's a start anyway!! lol I just need to figure out the Error 550 now .... I'll do more research - thanks again!!
          Phyllis O'Neill

Comment

Phyllis,
            Did you work it out? the 505 I mean.

Comment

Working...
            X