PDA

View Full Version : 2 Websites - (Naming both index)???

umpswife
10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Help please! And, trust me when I say, I WILL need the answer S-P-E-L-L-E-D out completely! lol

I have 2 websites through VodaHost. The first website works fine! I MADE THE MISTAKE of naming index on my 2nd site ... indexsmsb .. so that I (personally) would be able to tell them apart. (Mistake, I know.)

Now, when I go try to RENAME indexsmsb to index, it says that "index already exists ... do you want to replace ... ? blah blah blah ... I'm afraid to say YES because I don't want it to replace my index page on my first website that is working fine!!!

Did this make sense at all???? I hope so!! Thanks for any help you can give me!!

larazovich
10-02-2006, 04:54 PM
You have to name your home page index.
But, for the second site when you publish, publish to public__html/secondsitename instead of just public_html
And, keep your second site files in a seperate place so you won't get confused.

umpswife
10-02-2006, 05:07 PM
You have to name your home page index.
But, for the second site when you publish, publish to public__html/secondsitename instead of just public_html
And, keep your second site files in a seperate place so you won't get confused.

Ok, I tried that and it gives me an Error: 550 (no such directory exisits...) Do I have to do something in my cpanel first? If so, what?? How??

larazovich
10-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Darn it, Phyllis, and I was so proud of myself to come up with an answer..
WHen this happened to me, I reread the tutorial and came up with answer I gave you and it worked.
So I don't have another solution.
If you wait just alittle bit I am certain some one will give you an explanation and a way to fix it..
Meanwhile I suggest read all related threads (do a search on the topic) and re-read all related tutorials. You may find the answer there.
Good luck. Sorry I couldn't solve it..

umpswife
10-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Darn it, Phyllis, and I was so proud of myself to come up with an answer..
WHen this happened to me, I reread the tutorial and came up with answer I gave you and it worked.
So I don't have another solution.
If you wait just alittle bit I am certain some one will give you an explanation and a way to fix it..
Meanwhile I suggest read all related threads (do a search on the topic) and re-read all related tutorials. You may find the answer there.
Good luck. Sorry I couldn't solve it..

Hey, I appreciate your help! I actually DID figure out how to save my pages (for my 2nd website) into a new folder and was able to name the index correctly!! That's a start anyway!! lol I just need to figure out the Error 550 now .... I'll do more research - thanks again!!

RichardM
12-09-2006, 04:38 AM
Phyllis,
Did you work it out? the 505 I mean.