Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting size of thumbnail and image

Greetings!

I've just started working with a page that I want to use thumbnails on.

I read the forum and got the thumbnail on and it works but
    1. It's small - I'd like to increase the size of it

and

2. When you click it and the larger picture comes up it's small too.

Can someone tell me how to adjust the size of both?

Thanks so much!
    Alejaz

Re: adjusting size of thumbnail and image

click on the thumbnail gallery itself and you will see handles that you can pull to adjust the size of your thumbnails

in so far as the image sizes, I think they are relative to the size of the image you uploaded .... or at least that is how mine go up ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lady Eye is correct about the size of your uploaded image. If you want the image to be larger when clicked on - you have to upload the image the size you want it to be. That will then be generated to a thumbnail.

Be careful when adjusting the thumbnails that you retain the correct dimensions of your pics.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you both!

You're right. I changed the original size and reuploaded and it's perfect.

Perhaps you can answer another question.

I can't seem to figure out how to soften the edges of a photo or graphic. I have another program that will do it but even when I use that to make the adjustment and import it into BV I see the hard lines.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
        Alejaz

Comment

You could try using another color as a border from another program or within Voda.

Possibly you could also try using a frame around the pictures. I can't help you with softening it - I don't have a problem with how my pictures are displaying.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

After "softening" the images outside BV, make them transparent gifs, so that the hard lines will disappear in BV
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks NV,

Problem is I don't know how to make them a transparent gif. The program I'm using is Print Shop. It works fine there but I don't see an option to save or export as transparent gif.

Can you advise?

Thank you
              Alejaz

Comment

I'm afraid that i don't know this software, so i can't really provide any advise. I use Coreldraw, which has this option for exporing gifs.
                Another option, would be to add a small background rectangle below your image. The rectangle must have the same color as your page background. Then export the whole thing (the softened pic plus background rectangle) as a unique image, and place it in your page. Since the border now has the same color as your page background, the borders will not be visible.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You need a picture browser and editor.

I recommend as one of the best free software.

www.irfanview.com

Remember when resizing the icon it must also be viewable for viewers to select. 350 x 350 pixle is a good size the link to a larger photo size should not go beyond 600 pixle max. The large photo must be large enough for viewer to enjoy too.

As a viewer I hate to squint at a photo trying to view all the details.

Abu.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                  X