Chat Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Script

Although I know the chat script isnt supported by vodahost has anyone actually ever installed this, auto installation doesnt work and when i go to the official support site it states that the upgraded script must be uploaded manualy. I havent got the first Idea how to do this. Any he;p would be appreciated.

Re: Chat Script

You'd be better off tweaking (using for different purpose) live support/help utility available via Fantastico than rely on "foreign" technologies....
    It's nothing to change out the icons, images, buttons, etc. to get the "Live Support" to mimic chat....the admin panels not only allow the moderator to monitor things like pages visitors are ON, but to guide them, and to monitor multiple conversations.

If, however, you want true cross-chat, then you really need to rely on whatever support you trust. Personally, once I have a communication tool set up, I am not too concerned with upgrades, as new releases still have too many bugs, and I resist crashing my boards.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili,

I just assumed the chat script made available through Voda may have been a good one. Unfortunately if you go to the official site to down load an older version it automatically downloads the new one. I will install the programme you suggested and have a fiddle with it. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hughes
        Although I know the chat script isnt supported by vodahost has anyone actually ever installed this, auto installation doesnt work and when i go to the official support site it states that the upgraded script must be uploaded manualy. I havent got the first Idea how to do this. Any he;p would be appreciated.

Google for shout box it'll come up with other scripts in java :)
        Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

i use parachat it has html code that you can add to your page and lets people chat if they like it also has a register link so that when they want to chat they have to pick a name and password it works for me, also i have it to open up in a new browser so they can chat while browsing my site or others. take a look at my site and click on para chat you will see what it looks like.
          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
          X