re-publishing an already published page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-publishing an already published page

I have had my site up and running for a few weeks. I decided to change the photos on one page, saved it and then published it. My computer told me it was successfully published, but the old photos are still showing on the website.
    also I have completed 2 new pages with order forms and I just cannot get them published. Same problem as above - my computer tells me they are published, but when going to the site I'm told those pages are nowhere to be found!

www.seehisworld.com You need to go right to the bottom of Home page to find an obscure button named Family for the page where I have tried to republish photos. Please help me someone!

Re: re-publishing an already published page

Originally posted by Lois
    I have had my site up and running for a few weeks. I decided to change the photos on one page, saved it and then published it. My computer told me it was successfully published, but the old photos are still showing on the website.
    also I have completed 2 new pages with order forms and I just cannot get them published. Same problem as above - my computer tells me they are published, but when going to the site I'm told those pages are nowhere to be found!

www.seehisworld.com You need to go right to the bottom of Home page to find an obscure button named Family for the page where I have tried to republish photos. Please help me someone!
    Your page is working just fine. You need to clear your cache by hitting the F5 button a few times or holding down the shift key and hitting refresh.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lois-
      Have you cleared out your temp internet files? Often this is the case because- although you published new pages, your computer accesses the web pages in your stored temp files first.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Good morning Amanda (you fast typing girl you!!)

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Have cleared the cache and also temp internet files, but still nothing happening. The Family page should show pictures of exploring Canterbury, not photos of children. In fact now my computer is telling me its timed out and I can't publish anything

Comment

Lois-
            You saved the new page as Family (with a capital F) and the old page is with a small f. Correct the link and it will be fine.

Cheers

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

that sounded an easy solution, but unfortunately it didn't work. I made a slight change to my Home page and tried to republish that too, but no luck!

Comment

HELP! I have done everything everyone has suggested and I still cannot republish my pages, or publish a new page!

Comment

Lois-
                  Spelling is key with links as is including the extension.
                  Your page is here: http://www.seehisworld.com/family.html

The way you have it is http: //www.seehisworld.com/family

You'll get the hang of it. If you pull up a page with the BV web builder and make changes- there is no need to re-name it. Simply hit save (not save as) Once you have hit save- then hit publish.

So- be mindful for spelling and always include the page extension (html)

Hope that helps,

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

oh dear ! I had the pahe extension originally and took it out to see if it made any difference! Will try again

Comment

Beats me. I have fixed the page extensions and still no success! The page you have pasted above http://www.seehisworld.com/family.html is still showing the original photos and not the republished page! Maybe I need a nights sleep before trying again!

Comment

Lois-
                        When I click on that link (the one in your post) I see the pictures about
                        exploring Canterbury.

Andy

**Make sure to clear your cache (temp files)
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                        X