Audio DRM Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio DRM Protection

Hello! Let's talk about DRM-music. I beleive the DRM system just hurts the rights of the subscribers. I've bought a handful of songs from iTunes and they were found worthless for me (my mp3-player can't support protected format). Is it fair to strip away the DRM for private use as it shown here?
    SoundTaxi, Easily convert music / video files and various audio files to MP3, CD, iPod and other MP3 player file formats at high speed and CD quality - Free Trial. SoundTaxi Media Suite

Re: Audio DRM Protection

If it were a perfect world there would be no need for DRM or laws period. Such is not the case. DRM is there to protect against abuse. In my opinion- IF you do not abuse it, then modifying it to suit your specific and individual circumstance is not a problem.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Just a note: There was a post about this topic earlier and I kinda came out the gate a little strong. That post and this one are different in that this one refers to "individual" or "private" use. I believe that DRM is there for a good reason. You are legally violating the terms of the agreement you entered into by striping the DRM. But again- I don't have a problem with it if respect for the owner of the music is upheld- i.e. not distributing it to others.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Its an old link but it's still good to read there is ways around the drm, you just have to know where to look and what to look for. :P

Dave Hickey

www.youngstroke.org.nz

www.eko.co.nz

Comment

Working...
        X