Overwriting or Changing existing web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwriting or Changing existing web page

Our website has recently been transferred to BV and I am now very eager to get it published with all of the new changes. My Question is how do I overwrite the existing web site and/or make changes to the existing one? I have used the BV website builder and totally re-designed our web site and would like to publish it without having to use any of the old site. I am also a totally different person than the one who originally designed the one that exists now. My company is not happy with the one that exists now and would like it changed. Please if any one can help ASAP It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If I understand you, the site is already built with BV. If that's the case go ahead and make any changes you need on the - what I call the design page or draft page. Save that so you don't loose it. At the top of your design page you have 2 icons. 1 is "preview" and allows you to see how your site will look on the web. The other is the "publish" icon ( their both side by side.) Click on the publish icon and a window will pop up asking you for name and password. This should have been given to someone in an email when the account was opened. If you don't have it, open a support ticket. Put in the information and what you saved will copy right over the existing site. NOTE, you have to do this with each page you change. Hope this helps. Vinny
    www.assetravel.com

Comment

You can also delete pages via your control panel.

Login to your control panel
      click on file manager
      you will see all your files and folders (Never delete a folder until you are absolutely certain!)
      click on the folder icon next to the name Public.html
      You will see all the files in this folder and notice that this is where all your website files are stored. delete the files from here - Only edit via this procedure...if youre using BV to design your pages you need to use BV to publish your pages.

N.b. Only use this option if the other option by vinny1957 does not seem to work.
      Ruth

http://www.okose.com
      Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

You can also logon to the server using BlueFTP and delet the file or page
        in your public_html folder.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

publishing problems

Hi there,
          I am having the same problem overwriting or changing my site.
          Ipower is my web hosting provider and i have design my new pages from bluevoda.
          I would really need help to publish my site .
          I am kinda stuck right now,please help.

Comment

...if youre using BV to design your pages you need to use BV to publish your pages.

DOES IT MEAN THAT EVEN THOUGH I USED BLUEVODA TO DESIGN MY NEW PAGES THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PUBLISH IT FROM IPOWER WHICH IS MY WEB HOSTING PROVIDER.

Comment

Originally posted by daddyo
              [b
              DOES IT MEAN THAT EVEN THOUGH I USED BLUEVODA TO DESIGN MY NEW PAGES THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PUBLISH IT FROM IPOWER WHICH IS MY WEB HOSTING PROVIDER.[/b]
              Although BV Website builder is free, the file extension ".bvp" are only converted as ".html" via BV publishing. Even if you tried to change the file extensions to .html the pages will not format correctly. Also if you try to ftp your .bvp pages they would sit in the directory as .bvp and will not be converted. :(

So to answer your question, you will have to have a hosting account with VodaHost in order to benefit from BV fully. Just transfer your account for a small fee. Also bear in mind that once you've had a hosting account you can have unlimited domains under your account for free and only pay for registration.

Good luck! :)
              Ruth

Comment

So how much will it cost me to transfer my account over to BV?

Comment

To set up an account First: https://www.registrarpdq.com/newacco...ostdomains.com

Then proceed to transfer. But read all you can before setting up on: http://www.vodahost.com/tt1.htm
                  Ruth

Comment

transfer

Originally posted by rdarko
                    To set up an account First: https://www.registrarpdq.com/newacco...ostdomains.com

Then proceed to transfer. But read all you can before setting up on: http://www.vodahost.com/tt1.htm
                    Hi,
                    Like you suggested,i went and did the transfer and went back to my pages and tried the publishing and this message keep poping up.
                    "tThe request to connect and log on to ftp server could not be completed because the supplied password is incorrect.
                    Please help

Comment

Hi,

I had opened a ticket on the help center earlier this week for the same matter.
                      I did not check my message until today.
                      The lady awnsered me and in order for me to pulish my pages ,i'll need a web hosting account with You guys.
                      And what about the transfer that i suggested earlier.
                      I did all of that nothing seems to work proprely.
                      HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Comment

Originally posted by daddyo
                        Hi,

I had opened a ticket on the help center earlier this week for the same matter.
                        I did not check my message until today.
                        The lady awnsered me and in order for me to pulish my pages ,i'll need a web hosting account with You guys.
                        And what about the transfer that i suggested earlier.
                        I did all of that nothing seems to work proprely.
                        HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
                        Transferring your domain name to VodaHost is very easy. As soon as you
                        sign up we will send you an email with complete instrustions.

What did you do that does not seem to work properly. We need more info.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your response.

After i got those advises from one of your crew,i did the transfer and a couple of hours later i tried to publish my pages but it did not happen.
                          And i received a message from the help center saying in order to publish my pages i need a web hosting account with vodahost.
                          please help

Comment

menu bar-sroll marquee

What setting should i use for the marquee so the phrases would keep scrolling.

one other thing,i set up a menu bar on my front page(index,bio,gallery........)
                            Do i need to set the same exact menu bar for each and everything pages on my whole website?

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. I tried to publish and it said to put in username and password which I did but it told me the password was invalid. I used the password given to me when registered but it does not accept that. I have opened a support ticket but am a little anxious to get this published. Am I doing something wrong maybe? the site as it is now was not built in BV, so will the site I built in BV still overwrite it when I publish?

Comment

Working...
                              X